How long can delvac 1300 reasonably last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Delvac right now, and I'm going for about 7000 miles on it. Do a search for Delvac 1300 under UOA's and you'll see a guy that ran it for ~9000 miles and it still had life left in it!

For $6.00 a gallon that's hard to beat!
grin.gif

The heavy duty oils are designed for manufacter's extended drain intervals in commercial use "big trucks and industrial equipment. Look at the Mack and Cummins approval.These oils are very good especially the Delo 400 and Pennzoil long life oils.

quote:

Originally posted by steeltoe:
I'm using Delvac right now, and I'm going for about 7000 miles on it. Do a search for Delvac 1300 under UOA's and you'll see a guy that ran it for ~9000 miles and it still had life left in it!

For $6.00 a gallon that's hard to beat!
grin.gif

I was that crazy guy!

About 3000 miles of the 9000 was cruising around the desert southwest in 115 degree heat fully loaded with the A/C running wide-open. I'm sure with a good by-pass filter, Delvac 1300 would be good for much more than 9,000 miles.

Wayne

I ran 15w40 1300 Super in my SOHC saturn for 3500 miles. Blackstone said 5k shouldn't be a problem. But that engine is very hard on oil(not to mention there were nearly 3qt of top up in that interval).

--Matt

quote:

Originally posted by mkosem:
I ran 15w40 1300 Super in my SOHC saturn for 3500 miles. Blackstone said 5k shouldn't be a problem. But that engine is very hard on oil(not to mention there were nearly 3qt of top up in that interval).

--Matt

Wouldn't all that new oil not give you a true UOA?

High mile saturns tend to drink some oil. It's due to a design flaw with the rings. I believe that sample was at 175k miles or so.

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back