How is your NHL team doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RoadDukie
The Avalanche are off to their best start in many years. They are playing like a team again and scoring well.

McKinnon is a beast! Huge improvement in his play, and others, after the all B.S. was removed/dealt with.

Roy, Duchene to name a couple.
coffee2.gif

It has been tough sledding all the way around for sports teams in St Louis. I was at Thursday's Blues game where they were up 2-0 and then allowed 4 unanswered goals before scoring again.

Then I was at the Mizzou game yesterday, when they were up 14-3 at half, but couldn't even get a first down in the 2nd half and ultimately lost 15-14 in a heart breaker. Fortunately, I was in Columbia, MO on a service call so at least I got 3.5 hours of overtime and mileage to soothe my mind.

Who knows what the Cardinals will be next year.

Oh, and now that the owner of the Rams cares, they have a good team. So it's not like they couldn't have had a good team in St. Louis. What was our reward for putting up with a bad Rams team for years? Stan Kroenke moved the team to LA.

So it's not just hockey that has been bad to us recently...

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
How many folks remember the old Quebec Nordiques? Or the Hartford Whalers

Yep, especially the Nordiques and all the controversy with that team. Marcel Aubut, Kordic, Lindros, etc.

Aubut was about as trustworthy as a felon. Never liked that guy from day one.

Originally Posted by irv

I'm a big LA fan as well but I think their age and their lack of speed has finally caught up with them? Truthfully, I never expected much from Kovalchuk and didn't think he would really help the team so I was surprised they actually took/brought him back.

LA does have heart, imo, so I think things will change, but with the speed of the kids nowadays, they are in tough for sure.

Mathews hurt again tonight. I hate to say it, but he seems to get hurt easily imo. Without him and their lack of depth, I think the shine will fade away from the Leafs rather quickly.

I agree. Their defense should be okay, but they need more out of the kids, rather than rely on the aging forwards. Don't know how much longer those guys will be able to play. And my guy, Quick, is starting to get injured more. Starting to affect his play, I think.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
How many folks remember the old Quebec Nordiques? Or the Hartford Whalers

YES! I remember both. Loved the Whalers, with IMO the best hockey sweaters ever! It'd be great to have them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back