How is this connector named ? Where can I buy a spare ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

attached below are pictures of a coils-on-plugs-pack connector (engine wiring loom side) of a Peugeot KFU (TU3) engine.

Since it's burned and failing, we're looking to replace both the coils pack and the connector + a length of wires.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Any help appreciated

It appears to be the ignition coil plug. Look for a part number on the plug. Then use that to find it online or at a parts store. You can also call a Peugeot dealer, tell them what you need, and they can give you the oem part #.

Originally Posted by LubeFiner
It appears to be the ignition coil plug. Look for a part number on the plug. Then use that to find it online or at a parts store. You can also call a Peugeot dealer, tell them what you need, and they can give you the oem part #.

I'd be almost willing to bet that the dealer is going to want to sell you an entire harness, something you'd never want to mess with doing as it is probably tied into the main ECU harness.

Lots of times you can dig up a replacement, it just takes some doing. I've had to replace the ones on a couple of my coil packs on my J-Series cars, it wasn't terribly difficult to find just the connector, but it will help knowing the brand name from the top of it that is just out of focus in that top picture.

This^

Go to a breakers/junkyard/auto-recycling center or whatever it's called in your location and see if you can get one. Splice it in and Bob's your uncle.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Clip one or a few from a junked car.

If yours burned, someone else's burned, and they make a splice-in kit.

You might also be able to take it to an electronics repair guy (with the right screwdriver-type tools) to slide in a new pin like aiktovi posted. Even though there are 1000s of connector blocks there are only dozens of pin designs.

Do an internet search for Ryerstown salvage yard in Ryerstown Pennsylvania. It is a huge salvage yard. They are very well organized and have many people maning many phones. They use radios to talk to the men who pull parts from vehicles, and they will UPS parts to anywhere.

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Do an internet search for Ryerstown salvage yard in Ryerstown Pennsylvania. It is a huge salvage yard. They are very well organized and have many people maning many phones. They use radios to talk to the men who pull parts from vehicles, and they will UPS parts to anywhere.

Seeing that OP is on an island in the Indian Ocean looking for a Peugeot part, good luck with that. Not to mention no junkyard is going to send a man to pull a $5 part for you.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by JimPghPA

Seeing that OP is on an island in the Indian Ocean looking for a Peugeot part, good luck with that. Not to mention no junkyard is going to send a man to pull a $5 part for you.

Ryerstown is very good at helping people. I would not let the low price of the part stop me from asking them to help.

While the low price of the part may not be a problem with Ryerstown, the very low number of Peugeot vehicles in the United States probably will be a problem. If that engine was also used in a popular make like Ford then there would be a much better chance of finding the part.

Maybe the OP should check with a large salvage yard in a country where Peugeot vehicled are much more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back