How is Fiat going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was musing how we were told that the Big 3 automakers would become the Big 2, and how that never happened. GM seems to have turned it around the most; Ford stayed strong. Chrysler bought Fiat. (If any of this is wrong, please say so.)

So, how is Chrysler doing with its Fiat import venture? (The Dodge Dart comes to mind.)

Is it profitable?

Chrysler didn't buy Fiat. The US government gave the majority of Chyrsler to Fiat to get Sergio Marchionne to fix Chrysler's problems. Fiat then bought the rest of Chrysler and they are now merged (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles).

FIAT took over Chrysler.Chrysler is blowing GMs butt off in sales increases,Ford is down,FIAT is doing ok,and will do better when the AWD FIAT CUV shows up next year.

Quite frankly, the company called Chrysler "ceased to exist" a few years back. It was bankrupt and legally gone, at least as far as it's old shares and their value. What you have now is a new company called Chrysler owned by Fiat.

How is Chrysler a Limited Liability Company now? Maybe Fiat is Lee Iacocca version 2 for Chrysler, they seem to be doing good.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Who in the right mind would buy a Fiat anything?
Exactly. Even a VW as a daily driver is scary enough
laugh.gif

Any car I own better be able to not even flinch about going over 200,000 miles. I don't know much about Fiat, but I'd be afraid to attempt to pile some miles on one.

Fiat owns Chrysler and it is now no longer a US based company with a believe HQ in London or moving to London.

Chrysler has not been a stand alone auto company since Diamler AG purchased them in 1998.

Its the big 2, and has been for awhile.

Like, millions of Europeans perhaps?

Awesome cars.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

J-Lo fans.

People who live in my locale?

Maybe
wink.gif

that is my question but Chrysler has been brought up a notch!!!

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Fiat owns Chrysler and it is now no longer a US based company with a believe HQ in London or moving to London.

Chrysler has not been a stand alone auto company since Diamler AG purchased them in 1998.

Its the big 2, and has been for awhile.

I see.

And yeah, that Mercedes thing did not go so hot!

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Fix IT Again Tony (FIAT) bought Chrysler. not Chrysler bought Fiat.

And AOL bought Time Warner.

Kmart bought Sears.

etc etc.
smile.gif

Chrysler is paying for Fiat's lunch. Fiat sales are down and are a disappointment in the US. On the otherhand Chrysler is doing great with RAM and Jeep especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back