How is Fiat going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: HyundaiGuy

I love it when people make remarks like this and the Yugo remark above. Why? It shows cluelessness.

Our Fiats have been completely trouble free. My Abarth is a blast to drive.

The Yugo may have been a Fiat design. So what? It isn't 1986 anymore.

By its nature, the VOC dynamic that JDP uses, 'quality' is not exclusive to actual or perceived defects, and includes subjective feedback. For example, when new technologies are introduced, many customers can get frustrated within the 1st 90 days as they become acclimated to using something quite different from what they're used to. This is recorded by JDP as a fault/issue, and knocks the vehicle down a notch, even though the unit works as intended, and even though the customer may grow to prefer it over an older technology over time. Same with unusual design changes, etc., such as not liking where the HVAC controls are located. That gets marked as a defect.

Come on- everyone knows that owners aren't a reliable source for information about a particular brand.
The non-owners who read about the cars third or fourth hand on the internet are the real experts- just ask them!

I hate to trot out JD Power numbers because it just invites an argument from people who own low-ranked models. Everybody on the internet knows better than JDP
smirk.gif
If anyone can find a different comprehensive assessment of vehicle quality, I'll listen. Who does JDP get their info from? Oh, right: Owners.

Until then... Fiat is at the bottom of the JDP IQS. Not by a small amount, either. It is the uncontested bottom-champion of IQS.

Cue anecdotal evidence that disagree with this in 3... 2... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back