How high can you stack 5 gallon buckets of oil

I dont want the bottom bucket to get messed up.

Attachments

• tempImagef2NIcF.jpg
    tempImagef2NIcF.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 32
Don't know about stacking, but how on earth do you add oil to your car out of a 5 gallon bucket? They must weigh 40 pounds when full. The 5 quart jugs are hard enough to pour out of.

FWIW I've been to Farm & Fleet and seen 5 gallon buckets stacked ~6' tall. After that it becomes too hard to lift them down IMO.

Just my $0.02

I'd have no concern about the buckets but I'd worry about ergonomics at some point.

The specific gravity of motor oil is about 0.9, so a 5-gallon bucket weighs roughly 42 pounds, bucket included. A standard 5-gallon bucket is about 15 inches tall.

Stack them 4 high and you're at about 5 foot tall.
Once you start lifting, moving, or twisting 40+ pounds above you shoulders, things can get interesting real quick.

I'd have no concern about the buckets but I'd worry about ergonomics at some point.

The specific gravity of motor oil is about 0.9, so a 5-gallon bucket weighs roughly 42 pounds, bucket included. A standard 5-gallon bucket is about 15 inches tall.

Stack them 4 high and you're at about 5 foot tall.
Once you start lifting, moving, or twisting 40+ pounds above you shoulders, things can get interesting real quick.
Yeah I sprained my ankle trying to hand a 5 gallon bucket of roofing cement to my dad standing above me.

Back