how good is quaker state oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i find myself to be a very curious guy and i get very into things easily. i own a 2008 sonata and wanted to know what oil they factory fill their vehicles with and it happens to be quaker state.

x3

Not to take away from other conventionals but anything from SOPUS seems to lay down some very good UOA results...even the lowest of the line- Formula Shell (I think that's there bottom shelf oil)

Originally Posted By: genynnc
x3

Not to take away from other conventionals but anything from SOPUS seems to lay down some very good UOA results...even the lowest of the line- Formula Shell (I think that's there bottom shelf oil)

I have been pimping Formula Shell on here for awhile now and I am glad it is getting some respect. Great oil at a great price, especially when you can stock up on it when it hits .49 a quart from time to time.

sure is i purchased a 5 qt bottle of 5w20 lastnight at walmart for $12.00. its about time 5w20 is being sold for the same price as say 10w30.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Originally Posted By: genynnc
x3

I have been pimping Formula Shell on here for awhile now and I am glad it is getting some respect. Great oil at a great price, especially when you can stock up on it when it hits .49 a quart from time to time.

Where do you get the formula shell oil at?

The Family Dollar here has it.

They used to sell Chevron Supreme, and since they switched to Quaker State, they now have a huge clearance rack of the Chevron for 1.15 per quart. That's what goes in any car that I've changed the oil in besides mine. Until it sells out finally.

I am sure Johnny will hop in here, and I hope he does. From personal experience, QS is a darn good oil. Wife's uncle uses it exclusively, and his second and third car have 150k and 280k respectively. He loves it, obviously. I've used it as well, and since my stash is low, I'll probably restock with QS and YB. Both VERY high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back