How good is Hovoline High Mileage Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just in Big Lot last night and noticed they have a lot of old Havoline oil on the shell. They have dino 10W30 for $1.90 a quart, High Mileage for $2.20 and Syn Blend for $3.00. I don't these prices are that good even they claim these are close out prices. But I am interested in their HM oil. I wonder how good they are compare to other HM oils like Castrol, Pennzoil etc. Did anyone out there use the Havoline HM oil in their car and what do you think about it?
Thanks for the inputs.
approved.gif

Quote:

I was just in Big Lot last night and noticed they have a lot of old Havoline oil on the shell. They have dino 10W30 for $1.90 a quart, High Mileage for $2.20 and Syn Blend for $3.00. I don't these prices are that good even they claim these are close out prices. But I am interested in their HM oil. I wonder how good they are compare to other HM oils like Castrol, Pennzoil etc. Did anyone out there use the Havoline HM oil in their car and what do you think about it?
Thanks for the inputs.
approved.gif

That's close to regular price. You should be able to match that price buying five quart jugs of most-all high mileage oil brands at your nearest Chinamart.

I have used Castrol 5W30 HM oil in my Toyota 96 Avalon this winter. On a cold day (below 20F) when I start my car, it makes some strange noise for a few seconds and then it went away. I don't know that got something to do with the HM oil I am using or not. That's why I would like to try other brand of HM oil in the same car to see if it makes the same noise on cold start. BTW, Castrol HM 5qts jug is $14.44, Pennzoil HM is $12.88 and Maxlife HM is 13.63 at our Walmart as compare to $11.00 for Havoline HM at Big Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back