How far would you stretch a Costco syn 5w20 OCI?

That
With the 9qt capacity of my LS460, Costco full syn at $25 per 10qt is a no-brainer, but being that the additive pack is probably on the low end of the spectrum, how far could I comfortably stretch out the OCI?
i believe the manual recommends a 10k or 1 year normal OCI. You have a huge sump At 9 quarts.I wouldn’t hesitate 7500-10k depending on the nature of use.

I change at 5000 miles. My thought is that it's better to change 1000 miles early than 100 miles late.
My car takes 3 1/2 quarts to change. I buy whatever synthetic and filter is on sale. I usually get by for under $20.00.

I change at 5000 miles. My thought is that it's better to change 1000 miles early than 100 miles late.
My car takes 3 1/2 quarts to change. I buy whatever synthetic and filter is on sale. I usually get by for under $20.00.
That oil is probably good for 7500mi+. The filter on the other hand......?

That depends on how the vehicle is driven. In my neck of the woods and driving conditions I wouldn't run it more than 5K miles. If your driving conditions are good and the trips long enough you can probably go longer.

I'm not a believer in blanket statements, which you might get here, so my recommendation as to how long you can run it would be to get a UOA. Check TBN, and base your OCI on that.
I drive 50k/yr. Acquired the LS in January with 121k and just passed 170k. 60/40 hwy/city.

OCIs around about 7500. Though, my current OCI has surpassed 10k and I'm getting figgity, just can't seem to make it into to the shop. Up until this last oil change of Magnetec, I've run Costco full syn 0w20 since I bought her, Beck Arnley 041-0818 Engine Oil Filter. The oil for my next OCI is Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage Full Syn 5W-20, because Walmart sale.

OCIs around about 7500. Though, my current OCI has surpassed 10k and I'm getting figgity, just can't seem to make it into to the shop. Up until this last oil change of Magnetec, I've run Costco full syn 0w20 since I bought her, Beck Arnley 041-0818 Engine Oil Filter. The oil for my next OCI is Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage Full Syn 5W-20, because Walmart sale.
I can see why you're getting "figgity." lol If I had to venture a guess 7,500 is a safe bet. Beyond that if I cared enough about the vehicle I would get a UOA. For about $10 plus postage to the lab, it's money well spend imo. That would eliminate following possibly dangerous blanket statements and eliminate guesswork. Opinions vary.

Oil companies can now hit Dexos standards with a Grp2+/Grp3 blend … I don’t see anything in the US stopping them from calling that synthetic and for that price ? … my bet it’s a semi - but with majority Grp3
I’d be a bit conservative and not run over 7500 miles …

Back