How dumb can she get, and what comes next?

Being book smart does not always mean a person is intelligent. In fact some of the dumbest people I've met in my life have had their PhD. You can excel tremendously in one specific area of study but be a total space cadet in the rest of life. I might be wrong in assuming this, but it sounds like this girl doesn't 100% understand the value of money and how much not checking the oil can impact her financial well-being. My sister did this with tires, and after about 4 destroyed tires and multiple tow truck rides she started checking them more often due to the impact to her wallet.

I don't have kids, but when I do they will need to buy their own car just like I did. People tend to take better care of things they had to work for.

Somewhat related our close married couple friend consists of a Texan and her husband from France with PHD in Rocket engineering.

His first date with her he put fuel in her car and was struggling and came back smelling. He put diesel (nozzle larger then fill hole) into her Sentra.

He know works for a major helicopter maker
smile.gif

My BIL who has a PHD in Computer Science is not life smart at all. Incredible guy but his wife who loves caring for guys supports him in life tasks. Poor guy destroys yard power equipment.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by Chris142
She is what we refer to as an overeducated idiot.

Indeed that is what a lot of so called "institutions of higher learning" are producing in the USA, I'd say an overwhelming majority are exactly that.

This is the parents job.
Get to it!

Common sense and education/intellect do not correlate. The reality of world is people who have done many great things for the world lacked daily life and common skills because their certain minds though differently.

Just my observations and seems to be historical also.

I just don't see how this can be true. Something fishy going on here . . .

Originally Posted by BeerCan
I just don't see how this can be true. Something fishy going on here . . .

I agree.......

[Linked Image]

Hay fellows, I am not making this up. There are other things she has done in the past, starting when she was a kid with moving her parents car and hitting the car infront of it, when her parents gave her the keys to get something out of it when they were at a local park, to other things she has done as an adult that are better off left not talked about.

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
...starting when she was a kid with moving her parents car and hitting the car infront of it....

Oh no, she caused a car accident ? At least you can't blame her college degree on that.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
How did she get the water into the gas tank? That would be very difficult on my car, must be much easier on others?

A water hose.
I could fill any automotive gas tank full with a simple water hose in about 2 minutes.

I still don't believe the story.

I bet she forgot she didnt have a hydrogen cell Honda Civic like

the dean of Engineering.

You can fill them up with water I hear..

Better be triple distilled.

Hic !

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I bet she forgot she didnt have a hydrogen cell Honda Civic like

the dean of Engineering.

You can fill them up with water I hear..

Better be triple distilled.

Runs on water you say? Extracts a net energy gain from a stable oxide?

That goes right along with the thread title.

No quotes from the principle character ?

Friend's daughter admitted to seeing her oil light FOR WEEKS. This admission followed her description: "The engine made a rumbling noise then went 'boom'." She even said it like a distracted 2 year old.

Can you say, "infuriating"? You might if you were her father (from whom she expected a new car).

How did she get the water into the gas tank? That would be very difficult on my car, must be much easier on others?
I'm guessing an old Sunbird doesn't have that safety feature that has to have the gas fill hose push in that metal flap to allow filling up?

I know of one girl (American, I might add) that drained the oil from her Beretta and didn't refill it. "If there's no oil in it, it don't need changing." Her parents told me about it.

So knowing this happened, I can see the other happening aswell...

Basic Engine Maintenance: Low Priority in the scheme of everyday life.
Makeup, Pilates, & just the right color of highlights in their hair: High Priority

Not one woman in my life takes this stuff seriously or wants to spend any time thinking about it. "Can't be bothered" is what I hear most.

My sister and her 10,000 mile oil changes, and her general "meh" attitude toward all of it makes me want to shake her.

Good thing they all have money, or someone to bail them out when the KABOOM inevitably comes.

My gal gets all nervous if the oil isn't changed right at 3000 miles. I keep telling her it should be no problem to go 5000 miles on it with all the highway driving she does. The engine is super clean inside with 167K miles, so she wants to keep it that way.

I know of one girl (American, I might add) that drained the oil from her Beretta and didn't refill it. "If there's no oil in it, it don't need changing." Her parents told me about it.
Sounds like something I would tell someone. I'd leave it up to them to determine if I was serious or not.

Back