How does this look for an 2004 Acura TL with 43K?

Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
24,953
Location
CA
 - This picture was taking from the oil filler cap of a 2004 Acura TL. Engine is a 3.2L V6 putting 270HP to the Front Wheels, with a 5-spd Auto. Mileage on the vehicle is approximately 43,000, and the vehicle has been owned for about 2 yrs, since new, in Fresno. The oil is changed per the Maintenance Minder system (Oil Life Monitor), which equates to an oil/filter change every 6500-7000 miles. The oil level is NEVER checked. All oil changes have been done at the dealer with name brand 5W20 bulk and the Honda "FRAM" filter. I'll try to find out the exact brand used by the dealer. I'll try to have the owner take more pics from a different angle tomorrow. Thoughts? Michael [ February 17, 2006, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Michael Wan ]
 
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
671
Location
Texas
Michael, Looks super clean. In my Odyssey, I noticed that brownish oil and thought for a second 'oooh'.... but I bet if you snap a picture after running in 4.5 qts of new oil, you won't see anything brownish through the filler cap.
 

The Critic

Thread starter
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
24,953
Location
CA
Actually oil was just changed last week. [Eek!] He'll get more pics for me tomorrow...but it looks pretty clean so far from what I can see.
 
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
1,462
Location
MD
Hot oil and PCV's work wonders. BTW,Honda wish that engine put out 270hp.
 
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
6,166
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
The engine is perfectly running and will never have any problems [Roll Eyes] It looks like a picture of the valvetrain that is only visible through the oil fill hole. That 1% of the engine looks good, but what about the other 99% you can't see? Do you guys honestly believe that you can tell the difference between a clean and not so clean engine from that one picture? The only thing you can tell is if that ONE SPOT is clean or sludged up.
 
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
1,261
Location
KY
I'm sure he was asking about the part in the picture, Not the other 99% we couldnt see. [Cheers!]
 
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
475
Location
SoCal
Alan: "BTW,Honda wish that engine put out 270hp"--You've obviously never driven one!!! My sister has one, and it is definitely a bat out of ****!!!
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
4,478
Location
Southern California
I'd find it hard to believe the heads would be that pristine and the rest of the motor would look like the interior of Jed Clampett's 70 year-old Model T.
 
Top