How does this GX160 sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPE is not my forte.
Changed the plug, fresh oil and gas on a quite old Honda snowblower - GX160 engine....

Anyhow, link here for the engine fired up, running idle.
How does she sound.

GX160 Fired Up

Thought I heard a bit of miss now and then. If it's missing, try putting a load on it to see how it runs.

It doesn't surge but it does pop every now and then ...it's that what you guys define as miss.

Under load - just fine. Albit slower, it handled the 26" we got last year and just grunted when it got bogged, but never did stall out on me - like my 520AS.

To me it sounds a bit lean does it smooth out with a slight choke on the engine. To me WOT is what matters under load I am not to big on idle speed sound on most OPE does not matter Lawnboy Duraforce 6.5HP comes to mind.

Thanks. I read about surging, dirty carbs and all that jazz......she pulls on the 1st pull everytime.

I recently got a used HS621.
How do you measure the wear on paddles and scraper bar?
Also what oil do you use?I am thinking of changing oil with Castrol 0W30.Would that be OK?

I've got 0W30 in it as that is my oil on the shelf other than 10W60.

Scraper Bar is easy.....you should see meat on the plastic bar. I'll try to get around and measure for you as the scraper bar and paddles are fairly new on mine....

Originally Posted By: chefwong
I've got 0W30 in it as that is my oil on the shelf other than 10W60.

Scraper Bar is easy.....you should see meat on the plastic bar. I'll try to get around and measure for you as the scraper bar and paddles are fairly new on mine....

Thank you chefwong!
I will take pictures too in order to compare with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back