How does the fill hole look? 2002 Focus SE Zetec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out... its an SE, not an LX.

Somehow, *maybe* this all got patched up.

Here is the car
smile.gif
130,000 miles 2002 Focus SE not LX.
02.gif

Evaluate and discuss, BITOG style.
cheers3.gif

DSCN2121-1.jpg

DSCN2132.jpg

DSCN2131-1.jpg

DSCN2130.jpg

DSCN2129.jpg

DSCN2128.jpg

DSCN2127.jpg

DSCN2126.jpg

DSCN2125.jpg

DSCN2124.jpg

DSCN2123.jpg

DSCN2122.jpg

Nice hole, it's a little brown though. Try some PU to clean it up a bit. You could also use a 5w30 and add 20% MMO then run for 1k drain and refill with a top quality 5w20 PU, PP, M1, or the less expensive Motorcraft. Varnish won't hurt your engine, but it can make it run hotter and you don't know what the rest of the internals look like.

Don't get me wrong, it looks good for 130k

Thanks
smile.gif
Engine feels good, with me as a passenger. Its an SE.. whoop-de-doo so what do i gain over an LX?
smile.gif

Has this in, 1.5 qts of fresh on top of idk how old, idk what kind ? oil. Probably will have this $11.84 goodness in from here on out, ST filter, and idk the part number. Idk where the filter is. I fear i will not find it.
27.gif
Im MUCH more concerned in changing ATF on this car. This car seems to like it when you do that, changing ATF that is. I dont think it will cause "no pull" after im done, with fluid extractor or without.................................................

Notice this is XOM ST, API SN. NOT WPP ST.

Fresh oil will clean that clean thing up too.. right? I wonder why the dipstick looks that way.

Definitely ran hotter with a quart low, though the cooling system is brand new, so.. maybe, just maybe, (if the fan fix holds) this little car is alright!
smile.gif
She says its been overheated. Seems to run pretty well for being overheated. (I dont know EXACTLY what happened, if you know what i mean. Story will tend to change.) Yeah, its still my Aunt. All i know is what i see.)

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2134.jpg

Originally Posted By: chevman4life
Where did you find the Mobil based ST oil in Dallas? I have only seen the WPP ST.

Im visiting her in another state, so im not in DFW at the moment, a winter visit due to family issues. Also, ive never seen WPP 5W-20 ST.

Originally Posted By: 45ACP
Thanks
smile.gif
Engine feels good, with me as a passenger. Its an SE.. whoop-de-doo so what do i gain over an LX?
smile.gif

Has this in, 1.5 qts of fresh on top of idk how old, idk what kind ? oil. Probably will have this $11.84 goodness in from here on out, ST filter, and idk the part number. Idk where the filter is. I fear i will not find it.
27.gif
Im MUCH more concerned in changing ATF on this car. This car seems to like it when you do that, changing ATF that is. I dont think it will cause "no pull" after im done, with fluid extractor or without.................................................

Notice this is XOM ST, API SN. NOT WPP ST.

Fresh oil will clean that clean thing up too.. right? I wonder why the dipstick looks that way.

Definitely ran hotter with a quart low, though the cooling system is brand new, so.. maybe, just maybe, (if the fan fix holds) this little car is alright!
smile.gif
She says its been overheated. Seems to run pretty well for being overheated. (I dont know EXACTLY what happened, if you know what i mean. Story will tend to change.) Yeah, its still my Aunt. All i know is what i see.)

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2134.jpg

Is SuperTech really good oil. I see that everyone here used it. One day I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back