How does the Amsoil Bottle Look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 2.5 gallon bottles of heavy duty diesel oil look alot like the bottle stiman shows and the label looks like the labels on amsoils 5 gallon pails

That is the original packaging of Amsoil in a larger jug. In fact, those are the same labels they put on the sides of the cardboard cases of Amsoil in one gallon and 2.5 gallon jugs in the US. The actual gallon and 2.5 gallon jugs sold in North America do use a nicer looking label.

Tooslick
Dixie Synthetics

BTW, someone needs to change the title of this thread to : "What does the Amsoil bottle look like?" or "How does the Amsoil bottle look?"

This sentence looks like our Commander In Chief wrote it, don't you agree Pablo?
wink.gif
By the way, I'll let it rest when he's back in Crawford for good
shocked.gif

TS you may not be able to rest for 4 more. I think Bush could (not so) easily mumble such a sentence, but leave it to our Aussie mate to slaughter the "English" language in writing. I doubt even Bush would use such grammar in written form.

"What, exactly, is the correct factory packaging and labeling for Amsoil 5 liter bottles?"

Which brings up a point, since you write:

quote:

That is the original packaging of Amsoil in a larger jug. In fact, those are the same labels they put on the sides of the cardboard cases of Amsoil in one gallon and 2.5 gallon jugs in the US. The actual gallon and 2.5 gallon jugs sold in North America do use a nicer looking label

Mr. English Grammar (aka TS) - it seems as though your statement is a bit contrary. Please clarify. I have never seen a 5 L jug, nor a 5L label. You say basically, those are the same label, then you say N.A. uses a nicer label. Please clarify. Thanks.

Oh man... Now I gotta choose my amsoil guy based on political views......I thought this was the one place I didn't have to swing my right wing bat. BTW Unions are for losers....OOPS did I say that?...........

Pablo,

You shouldn't take my comments so seriously, I'm just pulling your chain
smile.gif

Besides, it's not like we are debating something really important, like whether the GC, 0w-30 is kelly green, or seafoam?
wink.gif

FWiW, the guy who lost last time is also a pretty lame public speaker....I just think the leader of the free world should have a vocabulary more like Tony Blair, regardless of which party he's in. I don't think that's too much to ask, do you?

hey, it was early in the morning and I hadn't had any coffee yet ....

The bottle labels on the Aust. stuff are apparently the same labels used on the cardboard cases of 1 gal and 2.5 gal containers, sold in the US. The actual bottle labels sold in the US - for the 1 gal and 2.5 gal containers - are larger versions of the product labels used on the US quart containers.

That still sounds confusing, but you get the idea ....

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
But the oil looks so dark??

my thoughts exactly... the oil looks very dark.... NEW oil should have a "goldish" color to it... can anyone here who have seen amsoil comment here...???

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

Have you sent this picture to Amsoil HQ?

yes, here is thier reply....

Kevin - our department manger viewed the photos you sent and determined that he
does not think these are repackaged as far as he can tell but rather the
exported containers.

Thank you,

Jim XXX
AMSOIL Technical Services

a very prompt reply, but doesnt really satisfy my concerns.

it seems they don't really know.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by KW:
They sell Amsoil in jugs like that here at my local Car Quest.

KW can you comment on the color of the oil? is the oil dark like that shown in the picture above?

thx
smile.gif

That photo is taken with a black background. You can't determine what the oil looks like from that photo!!!

You would need to put light behind the object to get a better perspective BUT images don't always show the true nature.

If Amsoil says that the bottle, thats the bottle. All of the gallons and 2-1/2 gallons oils/lubes come in clear plastic like that, the only one that does not is the gallon of Interceptor oil, its in a black plastic. Also packaging on USA sodl products and exported products may be totally different. Each country has different regulations on imported products and the labels would have to meet their specs.

I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. If you got it from a reputable source, then don't worry. If you got it for a bargain price from someone who might be shady seller, well that may be a different story.

-

[ January 10, 2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Mike ]

quote:

Originally posted by Mike:
That photo is taken with a black background. You can't determine what the oil looks like from that photo!!!

my bottle looks exactly to that shown in the picture. yes it is that black. its not distorted by the light/background.

anyway, thanks for posting your pic. your bottle looks similar to mine, except mine dont have "amsoil" inprinted on the bottle.

[ January 10, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: StiMan ]

If you are saying to yourself, why not use the same color plastic? Cost more! More people tend to buy quarts so the more eyefood is there. People buying gallons and up want economy and thus the lower cost packaging.

UPDATE

ok i got a reply from autospeed, and they say that the bottles the distributor receives are always different each time he recieves it.

and i think she also said the pic in the website is the 1 litre bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back