How does regular get into premium tank?

At least with small props they use 100LL and during preflight you’re supposed to take a small sample from your tanks to check for water contamination and 100LL is a light blue color for verification it was filled correctly.

I think that water test in fuel is SOP across the board as well from small props to the biggest 747/A380/C-5 - water in fuel having much more dire consequences in a jet powered aircraft due to higher altitudes and the risk of water crystallizing in the heat exchangers.

Pretty much ditto to everything @JohnnyG said.

The Circle K stores I used to deliver hired out a 3rd party to come around to test the product in the tanks, keep the retail pump calibrated and service the pump filters. The state where I live will do the exact same on a random basis....and a store doesn't want the state to find anything out of spec.
I’ve seen an Arco station owner punch holes into the pump filters. Yes, gas is a lot cleaner with the new double-wall USTs but still. Fuel system repairs due to bad gas aren’t cheap regardless. The owner’s motive was to get more cars filled up quicker. This Arco was in a place where people drove (leased) luxury cars.

Back