How does anyone use the internet with only a phone?

I only use computer for work and my phone for everything else including BITOG.

I presume you have an Android, Apple is pretty easy to click where you want , set cursor(using space bar) and scroll screen. Cheap Android is hot garbage I agree.

I’ve used bitog maybe 4-5 times ever on a computer in the past 8 years I’ve been on here. I’d say 25% of the time on my iPhone 11 and the other 75% on my iPad.

I use a regular size iPhone to read BITOG, have for years. Definitely not the easiest to select text, and typos abound. Auto correct sometimes does more bad than good. But it’s not an issue if you’re reading. More if you’re writing.

I use a regular size iPhone to read BITOG, have for years. Definitely not the easiest to select text, and typos abound. Auto correct sometimes does more bad than good. But it’s not an issue if you’re reading. More if you’re writing.
A phone might be OK for reading the paper. On internet forums you write and add pictures as well. Can't imagine posting more than a line or two of text with just a phone, letalone trying to find and add a picture. I can often tell when someone posts here with a phone. No punctuation. No capitalization. Shortening and abbreviating words.

A phone might be OK for reading the paper. On internet forums you write and add pictures as well. Can't imagine posting more than a line or two of text with just a phone, letalone trying to find and add a picture. I can often tell when someone posts here with a phone. No punctuation. No capitalization. Shortening and abbreviating words.

True about typos and in my case, added punctuation.
I use my phone a lot for photos, so it’s super simple to attach them right from the app. Couldn’t be easier.

I use a computer for work, and school, nothing else. Much prefer my phone, and can type faster on it, than a computer keyboard.

I agree. Phone's are so small, plus "mobile websites" suck.
BITOG on my phone isn't too bad once you get use to the few nuances involved. Of course, I'd rather do it on a laptop or desktop with a 23 to 27 inch monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I'm late to the discussion but I'm 32 and would rather use my desktop for internet than my smart phone. I can type faster on actual keyboard and the computer does what I want it to do. Just trying to scroll down on a page on my phone and it will click something or minimize the page. I get frustrated with the phone easily.

Trying to use a phone to read bitog while on a train home. Very frustrating to get anything done. Besides the small screen, one finger typing and no mouse to navigate around,
People who say they do everything on their phone as easily as on a desktop, I'd be surprised if they can multitask as well on a phone compared to a desktop with multiple monitors.

And if a mouse would help with your phone, add one using OTG or bluetooth. Could add a keyboard too if there's room on the train.

I prefer much doing Web stuff on a desktop or laptop vs the phone. Most of the time I end up using the phone, though. I don't need reading glasses but I overlook a lot of errors when typing on the phone.

I don't know how anyone does anything on a phone beyond social media which is generally designed for it. I would lose my mind of a phone was all I had to use to browse my favorite sites, banking, shop Amazon, etc. There is no replacement for a physical keyboard and mouse from a usability and speed standpoint.

I agree there is no substitute for a real computer with keyboard and mouse but on my phone, voice to text has been a real game changer. Typing on that little keyboard is for the birds. It's amazing how accurate voice to text is even in a noisy environment. I have a pixel, not sure if it's as good on Apple devices but it's worth mentioning.

Dell with replicator box and nice monitor is my work from home kit
At work the box feeds dual monitors …
Surfing the web and this site = mostly an iPad …

...I would lose my mind of a phone was all I had to use to browse my favorite sites, banking, shop Amazon, etc. There is no replacement for a physical keyboard and mouse from a usability and speed standpoint.
I agree but I do admit I can get home tired from work or something like waiting for my wife to get ready to go out and I can literally spend an hour or two comfortably using my iphone xr because Im to lazy to go to the second floor office to use Mac desktop or get up off the sofa to for my Macbook air laptop on the first floor. *L*
Without question though, I prefer my desktop and then my laptop and phone last. What I do like, anything interesting that I see on my Iphone I just add to my reading list in Safari, then when I turn on my desktop or laptop its also sync'd to my Safari on those and can continue in comfort whatever it is I wanted. More or less anything cool I find on my phone I save in Safari and then go back to it on my Desktop or Laptop.

Back