How does adaptor route MP3 thru 12 volt to radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this adaptor that allows me to run my MP3 player through my car radio by plugging the adaptor into the cigarette lighter. So how does the music get to the radio? I don't think it is making the car electrical system broadcast to the antenna. So I am thinking it simply forces the music through the power line into the radio amplifier.

One interesting thing is that there can be a radio station broadcast but when I plug in the adapter (w or wo the MP3 player attached), within a second, the radio goes blank. That is harder to figure than that the music must go in thru the electric line into the amp.

magic ......
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
I have this adaptor that allows me to run my MP3 player through my car radio by plugging the adaptor into the cigarette lighter. So how does the music get to the radio? I don't think it is making the car electrical system broadcast to the antenna. So I am thinking it simply forces the music through the power line into the radio amplifier.

One interesting thing is that there can be a radio station broadcast but when I plug in the adapter (w or wo the MP3 player attached), within a second, the radio goes blank. That is harder to figure than that the music must go in thru the electric line into the amp.

Does the music also play on another car parked along side your car? If it does, I think you know the answer.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Does the music also play on another car parked along side your car? If it does, I think you know the answer.
That's what I was wondering, Could I pipe Johnny Winter into the next car? That would blow somebody's mind.

But hey, my idea seemed good, no? Could you not just jack the music through the power line, sort of force feed the amp?

I have 2 of those transmitters. One I got in the US and it's weak enough to barely reach the antenna of my car.

The other one I ordered straight from China. That thing probably can reach a radius of 3 cars. It's not extremely powerful but is far better at reaching the antenna of my car.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Originally Posted By: Kruse
That's what I was wondering, Could I pipe Johnny Winter into the next car? That would blow somebody's mind.

To get to work, I drive on a narrow two lane highway. On several occasions, my radio has suddenly changed music as an on-coming semi truck approaches and the music suddenly stops as he gets behind me.
Why semi trucks and not cars? Not sure. Maybe truckers really love these gadgets.

It's probably just strong enough to induce something into his other communications equipment ..which probably has enough radiating power to light up a few florescent bulbs. Much like my daughter's boyfriend with his linear amplifiers could be heard on my cable television ..regardless of channel.

YEOW! I just tried it. Put the MP3 on in the pickup and hopped into the Aerostar. Could hear my MP3 as far as 150 feet away with zero interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back