How does a sandwich adapter work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this picture. Look in the center and you will see a removeable black hollow bolt. (BIG) The adapter mounts just as you see it. Then on the bottom is the male part to accept the full flow filter. This is a sandwich adapter for pressure only. Return from the bypass is elsewhere on the engine, your option.

-

[ November 04, 2005, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Here's a Permacool (returns to itself).

-

This is the engine side (see O ring?). The oil goes into that stepped recess ...takes a detour out the port ..goes where ever it goes ..and returns on the "mirror image" flip side of the sandwich.

Since your bypass is going to appear like a brick wall to the oil flow, the poppet valve (@ about 3 o'clock) will "bypass the bypass" for the excess flow. It will provide enough differential to compell flow through the bypass filter.

I think if you just hold on to the various extension bolts, that you'll be able to fit just about any car you buy in the future.

I am looking at a sandwich adapter to run a bypass filter. My question is, how does it mount? Does it thread onto the current mount, borrow the oil, then have another thread for the original oil filter?

I am staring at the pics and not understanding.

Second. I have a 20 by 1.5mm. The universal kit(189) at summitracing is less than the 20*1.5mm(186), so should i just get the universal and use it for whatever I need it for when I change cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back