How do you feel about traffic scenarios (what crosses the line)

I don't fault any driver for that any more than I do when I'm at this intersection waiting to turn right at a red light where the driver in front of me is waiting to go straight. But at that particular intersection in Emeryville, there's always guessing as to whether or not the car in front will turn right, especially since most don't signal.

I fault whoever designed the configuration of that intersection.

But just about a block away is one where it's perfectly clear and drivers don't turn right on a green arrow in a right turn only lane, and some wait at the right turn only lane and go straight. Mostly because they just don't pay attention to the layout.
Incompetent or faulty layouts are common. Drivers unfamiliar with the fact that cars coming from John Daly Blvd have no stop sign may get a nasty surprise. That's in Daly ****ty on John Daly Blvd after you pass the Westlake shopping center. There are stop signs marked as All-Way on Mayfair and on Forest Grove Drive but there is no sign at all at the J.D Blvd.

Last edited:
Incompetent or faulty layouts are common. Drivers unfamiliar with the fact that cars coming from John Daly Blvd have no stop sign may get a nasty surprise. That's in Daly ****ty on John Daly Blvd after you pass the Westlake shopping center. There are stop signs marked as All-Way on Mayfair and on Forest Grove Drive but there is no sign at all at the J.D Blvd.

I don't think I've ever been there before, but I do remember their annoying commercials on local radio.

That could be a good place for a roundabout. Though another way to look at it is those arriving by Mayfair (the two way part) or Forest Grove can only continue in one direction. So it is like a two way road with a curve and two roads Teeing into that curve. Logically only those approaching from Daly or the one-way part of Mayfair should stop.

Clearly it is wrong for signs to say 4 way stop when it is a 3 way stop.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever been there before, but I do remember their annoying commercials on local radio.
Westlake has a Trader Joe's and a Home Depot for all kinds of nuts. Unfortunately, CostPlus moved to Serramonte. So that's maybe 5 minutes away going south on 280.

Westlake has a Trader Joe's and a Home Depot for all kinds of nuts. Unfortunately, CostPlus moved to Serramonte. So that's maybe 5 minutes away going south on 280.

Oh - been to Serramonte many times over the years, but not recently. I remember seeing a farmers market outside the Target there. And ate at Elephant Bar although I'm pretty sure that's gone. Also remember the standalone buildings outside. When did Farrell's close? As for the rest of Daly City, I guess Kome closed too, although they had an interesting history with their workers. I also ended up in Daly City when the accessory belt on my wife's car failed and we limped it to a friends house in San Francisco. Our AAA tow was for less than 5 miles and the Goodyear center there seemed pretty reasonable.

I was going to say something about getting my wife's car serviced at Honda of Serramonte (the Takata airbag recall) but then realized that it was technically in Colma. But that was maybe 7 hours of waiting since I made an appointment same day and there was almost nothing around there within reasonable walking distance.

Back