How do I find out who I've accidentally ignored?

I was surprised to see earlier this morning that I was ignoring a member whose posts I've always enjoyed reading. I had ignored him unintentionally. I did figure out how to "unignore" him, by going to his profile and clicking on the appropriate button. Considering sending him a PM about the understanding, but I don't know whether folks who are ignored know who is ignoring them.

Now I'm wondering if I've accidentally ignored anyone else. Is there a way to check globally, as an alternative to going through each individual profile or waiting to see if someone's posts are being blocked on my feed?

Thanks!

Very easy on desktop or that desktop mode on a tablet or cell.
To the top right click on your avatar and member name and scroll to the ignoring list. There it is.
Got it - thanks so much! (Confirmed that I'm not ignoring anyone else.)

but I don't know whether folks who are ignored know who is ignoring them.
Absolutely not. Can you imagine how it would trigger some folks ? Now if someone suspected they were being ignored, they still have no way to know if it's a software-controlled ignore or if the member is just really good at physically ignoring them.

Absolutely not. Can you imagine how it would trigger some folks ? Now if someone suspected they were being ignored, they still have no way to know if it's a software-controlled ignore or if the member is just really good at physically ignoring them.
How does that even work? If you're looking at a 5 page thread, are the persons posts that you are ignoring, blank, blurred or pixilated? And can't you just ask a mod if you are being ignored if you really have to know?

Last edited:
^^^ If you ignore someone, their posts don't show up on your screen. However, if someone else quotes them, you can still see the ignored person's quote in that post.

I was surprised to see earlier this morning that I was ignoring a member whose posts I've always enjoyed reading. I had ignored him unintentionally. I did figure out how to "unignore" him, by going to his profile and clicking on the appropriate button. Considering sending him a PM about the understanding, but I don't know whether folks who are ignored know who is ignoring them.

Now I'm wondering if I've accidentally ignored anyone else. Is there a way to check globally, as an alternative to going through each individual profile or waiting to see if someone's posts are being blocked on my feed?

Thanks!
Ignore them again, then feel the guilt.:cool:

How does that even work?
As Z6 said, they simply don't appear. Every post has a unique ID number that's in turn linked to the person that posted it. If I'm ignoring someone, the software looks up their post numbers and doesn't display them.

And can't you just ask a mod if you are being ignored if you really have to know?
The mods probably don't know nor should they know. More importantly, what does it accomplish by someone finding out someone else is ignoring them ? Absolutely nothing. Absolutely nothing positive could come from it either.

Absolutely nothing. Absolutely nothing positive could come from it either.
I can imagine if you were trying to send an message to someone that was ignoring you, like, the thingamabob on the timing belt tensioner in the photo you posted is installed backwards, better change it before you grenade the engine, and they never reply, you could ask a mod to forward it?

I ignore people by not reading their posts. How much simpler does it have to be?
Because if you ignore someone, you don't even have to skip over their posts, they just are not there.
^^^ If you ignore someone, their posts don't show up on your screen. However, if someone else quotes them, you can still see the ignored person's quote in that post.
Their name shows up in the quoted text, and states you are ignoring them, but you don't actually see their post.

I just wish there was a way to turn off the little "like" thing at the bottom of each post. I don't care about that either, and would rather it be gone.

I just wish there was a way to turn off the little "like" thing at the bottom of each post. I don't care about that either, and would rather it be gone.
Looks like you can block the image ( (y) :ROFLMAO:❤️ etc) using an ad-blocker but you'll still end up with the names of the people who reacted.

It takes the name with it ? I quickly tried it before I posted that but it only highlighted the graphic, not the name.

Back