How dark is this tint?

Can anybody give me a guess as to the darkness of this tint? 35%?

The max we can legally have in my state is 50% so would this be illegal? Owner doesn't know the % of it.
aesdf.jpg

That looks like 15% my Ranger has 27% which is legal here in SC and that is darker then mine. My F150 has either 20% or 15% I can't remember but it looks like that.

Yeah 15% or possibly 20% is my guess. Hard to tell a lot of times under certain lighting conditions. Need to get a tint meter to know for sure

Find the nearest police officer he’ll gladly tell you.
That's been my experience, but I'm in a capital city, abundance of Troopers happy to help.
Since that does look so dark:
My state has a tolerance - 7% error allowance, your's too?, and
A health allowance - I have 'blond fundus' - as a former blond!

The appearance can vary depending on the ambient lighting and angle, but it looks like 20% to me.

That's been my experience, but I'm in a capital city, abundance of Troopers happy to help.
Since that does look so dark:
My state has a tolerance - 7% error allowance, your's too?, and
A health allowance - I have 'blond fundus' - as a former blond!
My brother in law has a medical issue with his skin and has some endorsement on his license.

Many people don't understand that a tint rated at whatever percent, lets say 35%, will be darker than 35% when installed on glass.
Many cars come with 85-74% on the door windows and rear glass, SUV's and minivans much darker except for the front door glass.
So if your state allows 35%, a cop will fail it using a tint meter if you have 35% tint installed.

Back