How come your $General has TA and mine has

Status
Not open for further replies.
"UniLab" SF rated oil ...hmmm(Wm. F. Buckley Jr. "Hmmm")???? They also had ND.

They had STP oil in 10w-30 and 10w-40 for $1.49/quart
They had PZ oil for $2

Looks like the deal was the 1/2pt container of 2cycle oil for .64

There was plenty of Coastal stuff ..but not motor oil.

I am hardly finding ANY oil in the dollar stores around here. And when I do, it is SF or lower spec, no API star junk for 1.29 to 1.49.

I recently went into a Family Dollar (or wherever the TropArtic was said to be available) and was told by the store manager that they were "not allowed to sell oil any more". Whatever that means....

Maybe their HazMat/EPA license for the stuff expired, or perhaps insurance issues arose.

In our $ General, they have this stuff called American Performance. It's all 10W40 or 20W50, some of it SL rated, some of it in SJ, all API-starred. None of it was SM, but it WAS all $1.92/qt. Made by a company called Warren?

No sale.

[ June 01, 2006, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: toocrazy2yoo ]

I'd wager it has more to do with being unable to locate first run motor oils to sell for a buck-a-quart and still show a profit. According to every MSDS I've reviewed online, sealed, virgin motor oil is not considered toxic* or a hazardous material. Things oily is a tightenin' up, folks. Start likin' it. There are two entirely unrelated independent lube blenders that use the "Warren" name. The good one is Warren Performance Products. The other one is Warren-Unilube.

*Stuff would definitely loosen ya' up if you drank it, though...

quote:

Originally posted by milwaukee:
Maybe you should try http://www.dollartree.com/ which is where everyone got the trop arctic semi syn for a buck.

I bought five cases there.

I did try Dollar Tree too. And Dollar General...and some others. I don't think this geographical region (mid-atlantic), ever had the Trop Arctic deal. It doesn't seem to be distributed in any stores here....not even Walmart.

I was in a different Family Dollar today and was shocked to find rows of Havoline in all grades. I got excited until I saw that the price was 1.89 a quart. Not too bad a price in these parts but the recent Advance Auto 1.58 sale was obviously better. They also had a generic Warren Oil (not WPP) brand for 1.39 each.

At my dg, they have 10w-30, 10w-40, and 5w-30 pennzoil for $2... the stp oil in those weights (beleive straight 30 as well) and stp dexron/mercon for $1.49 and the warren stuff.... but not much as they are getting rid of it (seems the cheapos like to buy it though)
They have got MMO, and other little stuff... found it interesting that they started selling "Motor Up" oil treatment.... never heard of it though, and wiper blades!! now. And prestone half and half.

Family dollar of course sells havoline in 10w-30, 10w-40, 5w-30, 20w-50 I beleive as well and hd-30, along with havoline dexron/mercon and coolant. The havoline oil there is $1.75 last time (couple weeks ago) when I picked up a couple quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back