how come the tirerack recomended people charge so much for balancing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Tire Rack carries a lot of brands, there are a lot that they do not carry, such as Cooper and Nokian.

I always assumed that the tire installers were just trying to make back some of the profit they lost by not selling the tire themselves.

If you brought a hamburger that you had purchased somewhere else into a different restaurant, they would probably charge you for the ketchup.

I have found that it is necessary to do your due dilligance prior to buying tires... deals are different based upon what tires you want. The internet enables us to do this price shopping... so do it!

Around me the rates are $15/tire and up...

Most of my tires weve been buying from jack williams tire company, who has good prices and the free rotation thing.

JMH

American Tire wanted to charge me $140 for installing and balancing my tires. I called around to other places and they wanted to change around $80. I finally called a place down the street from me and they said they would do it for $40 and that is where I went. They had the same equipment as the other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back