how come no politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Only Canadian politics is permitted.
08.gif

Because no one cares.
banana2.gif

You wouldn't either if you were as drunk as your average Canadian!
LOL.gif

Go
08.gif
!

*hickup* *burp* Wooohooo!

scuse-me while I pass out now... *THUD*

Last edited:
I would like to see the word "Politician" added to the "[censored]" words list because it's a bad word as far as I'm concerned!

LOL.gif

we are a fine gentlemen's club and i'd prefer it to be kept that way. no disrespect to any ladies you are welcome too.

this must be one of the most civil, respectful and educated places on the net but still sometimes i have to roll my eyes at the drifters rolling in.

like bill said, helen's got it right. lay down the law helen.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Just curious...with the 1st Amendment & all??? How come folks would not be encouraged to talk about constitutional issues & concerns?

OK, serious question here, have you actually READ the 1st Amendment? Because if you had, you would notice that it only impacts the government with respect to limiting speech.

A private board like this can place any limits it wants on speech.

Just a little nit pick of mine. Too often it seems to me, folks cite the 1st Amendment in situations like this, when it really doesn't apply.

How would the 1st Amendment apply here? Let's say you wanted to start your own board. The government could not prevent you from doing so. So you have the right to create your own discussion board, where you can discuss whatever you wish.

However, you cannot cite the 1st Amendment and claim the moderators here are violating your rights, as it's their right to control if they wish, what is discussed on their board.

Think of it as their home. They have the right to kick you out of their home if they wish, for whatever reason they want.

I am sure it is because those discussions can turn passionate and BITOG doesn't want to be responsible for "hate speech" hosted here, but still my curiosity got the best of me enough to ask why?

thx

Could be. I agree with the others who undoubtedly by now have suggested this is a better question asked in private, rather than this quasi call-out you've written here.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
How would the 1st Amendment apply here? Let's say you wanted to start your own board. The government could not prevent you from doing so. So you have the right to create your own discussion board, where you can discuss whatever you wish.

The Bill of Rights gets indirectly applied to private parties. Sure, you can try to exclude people of a certain racial type from your property, but the government can decide you suddenly don't qualify for any tax deductions. Or you can say the internet involves free speech, and the government can say yes, but you'll have to provide your own private internet backbone as well.

On the topic of Politics, it's really in ever aspect of our lives. Maybe that's why it's so annoying to talk about. There's office politics, neighbour politics, interpersonal relationship politics.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

Politics and religion are.... oops can't discuss it here.

Some BITOG members 'worship' oil and cars, and we maintain our vehicles 'religiously'.

So in a way, we are discussing 'religion'.
56.gif

Just curious...with the 1st Amendment & all??? How come folks would not be encouraged to talk about constitutional issues & concerns?

I am sure it is because those discussions can turn passionate and BITOG doesn't want to be responsible for "hate speech" hosted here, but still my curiosity got the best of me enough to ask why?

thx

The 1st amendment doesn't pertain to private property, which an internet forum is. You don't have free speech on private property!

You can ban someone for typing "it" on a private online forum.

Last edited:
Ah yes poilitics
28.gif
. Would turn into a shouting / shaking fist match like that of the town halls across the nation .
35.gif
07.gif
09.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
27.gif
34.gif
. I leave anything out ?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
We can't even discuss Mobil-1 and Iron issues or Fram filters without the discussions getting heated and you want to talk about Politics?
LOL.gif

StevieC'

What iron issues with M1. Is that fact or speculation? Chuckles

Originally Posted By: smokey1
Ah yes poilitics
28.gif
. Would turn into a shouting / shaking fist match like that of the town halls across the nation .
35.gif
07.gif
09.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
27.gif
34.gif
. I leave anything out ?
grin2.gif

That is so funny I've been laughing for Five minutes.

Ah yes poilitics
28.gif
35.gif
07.gif
09.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
27.gif
34.gif
. I leave anything out ?
grin2.gif

Smokey1,

That's a good summary of the situation.
11.gif

Ah yes poilitics
28.gif
35.gif
07.gif
09.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
27.gif
34.gif
. I leave anything out ?
grin2.gif

You left out this guy. He's my favorite:
happy2.gif

how about a celebrity boxing match between HANNITY ( Fox ) and BILL MAHER of HBO to settle the dispute between the parties ( people ) ? Independents would officiate .
whistle.gif

better yet . A celebrity shouting match between HANNITY and MAHER to see whos head explodes first from the strain
mad.gif
grin2.gif

Ah yes poilitics
28.gif
35.gif
07.gif
09.gif
23.gif
39.gif
18.gif
27.gif
34.gif
. I leave anything out ?
grin2.gif

Yea, you forgot the 'converts'!
02.gif

helen does a great job running this site, along with all other mods.

As for issues with mobil 1, and fram................

(which fram is worse) is FUN to discuss.

Greenaccord02,
happy2.gif

happy2.gif
happy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back