how come no politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious...with the 1st Amendment & all??? How come folks would not be encouraged to talk about constitutional issues & concerns?

I am sure it is because those discussions can turn passionate and BITOG doesn't want to be responsible for "hate speech" hosted here, but still my curiosity got the best of me enough to ask why?

thx

Well I guess I should have read the rules...Helen explains it already duh...makes sense though to have a place to "relax"

The people here, by and large, are very nice, and very smart. I'm sure you could have a nice talk with them. Helen has her own "constitution" though.

We'd end up taking sides 1000x worse than we currently do. Flame suits would become mandatory equipment for venturing into off-topic.

You see how "huffy-puffy" members get over something that really does not matter (like brands/type of oil) just think how explosive things would get on subjects that are important!

Helen has it right!
thumbsup2.gif

Bill

We can't even discuss Mobil-1 and Iron issues or Fram filters without the discussions getting heated and you want to talk about Politics?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
You see how "huffy-puffy" members get over something that really does not matter (like brands/type of oil)
Heretic!
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Loobed

Politics and religion are.... oops can't discuss it here.

Watch you get warned by the Mod's for that post!
LOL.gif

Now watch me get warned for this one...
27.gif

This is a privately owned forum and the owner can dictate what is allowed to be discussed here.

The main problem here is THOSE people...you know, THEM! They are always causing trouble, and there's no no talking to them. On top of that, they don't know what they're talking ABOUT! Bunch of uneducated morons, that's what they are. If they would only think like us and act like us and talk like us and vote like us, then we could all get along.
02.gif

Discussion of politics will only guarantee that the discussion will end badly... just like politics in real life.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Lubrication issues keep things passionate enough, that's for sure.
That sounds like a swipe towards M1,

What you got against M1, huh? huh?
07.gif

LOL.gif

Politics is fine as long as it doesn't involve Government, political parties, or the subjects they tend to use to manipulate us, since that involves the use of force against people, which tends to make people mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back