How can I tell what the offset of my wheels are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bent rim that can't be bent back on one of my wheels. It's running on the spare wheel right now. I want to find a wheel at a junkyard that will fit and work but I don't know how to tell what the proper offset and lug spacing is to find one that will work. Can anyone help me out? The car is a 2006 Ford Five-Hundred with alloy wheels.

On most rims the specs like size, width, and offset will be stamped into the back side of the rims or on a sticker.

Originally Posted By: Lead Shoes
On most rims the specs like size, width, and offset will be stamped into the back side of the rims or on a sticker.
All I see on the back is 5G13-1007-CB and 17x7J52 Are any of those designations the offset and/or bolt pattern?

Originally Posted By: 7055
All I see on the back is 5G13-1007-CB and 17x7J52 Are any of those designations the offset and/or bolt pattern?
Neither one. Offset will start with ET** A brief Tire Rack search shows 40mm to 50mm 17" wheels are available. Bolt pattern is 5-114mm RockAuto has a reconditioned 17" wheel for $129.99 though. Not a bad price.

Last edited:
All I see on the back is 5G13-1007-CB ford part number and 17x7J52 17 inch tire, beads are 7 inches apart, "J" style bead (practically all cars) and I bet the 52 is either the hub bore size in mm(small) or offset (likely). You can bore yourself and take the wheel off, put a level across the bead mating surfaces, and tape measure down to the flange. Flip it over and measure that. Total of the two should be 7 inches minus the thickness of the flange. Take the long side, subtract 3.5 inches, you're in the ballpark.

Originally Posted By: LotI
Originally Posted By: 7055
Neither one. Offset will start with ET** A brief Tire Rack search shows 40mm to 50mm 17" wheels are available. Bolt pattern is 5-114mm RockAuto has a reconditioned 17" wheel for $129.99 though. Not a bad price.
Just bought the re-conditioned wheel from Rock Auto, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.