How can I order Schaeffers oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinnestoaNole, I ordered my Schaeffer's from Tim Mills, and you should be able to see his ad right above you on this page, if you can see the same thing that I can see. Look in the upper left hand corner of this web page. I ordered my stuff by telephone (800) 737-1747.

Schaeeffer's also has a web site where the oils are described to some extent. Technical Data and product list edited by B.

[ July 12, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Bypass their silly online store and go straight to technical data:
Technical Data and Product list

Now when you decide what you want go to the upper left hand corner of this page and call Tim's Outdoor. (I just bought some grease from Tim and he's good to do business with).

Let me ad, that if you want wholesale, Tim can get you in touch with the best wholesale dealer to handle your needs. edited by b.

[ July 12, 2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

no it's not api certified. Until recently, I've never sold a drop of the stuff as their blend will perform as well as the full synth. This has been proven by Al in Pa as he has used it and the numbers show very much simular to any of the blends are for wear which the blends are api certified.

Order from Tim Mills. The tele # is on the upper left corner of the site. Great guy, helpful and you get great fast service. I recently ordered 4 quarts of Schaeffer's synthetic blend Dexron III ATF #204S plus some Stihl chain saw parts
wink.gif
. I had them in a couple of days. Now all I need is to find a reasonably priced hand pump to fill the manual tranny.

Whimsey

quote:

a reasonably priced hand pump to fill the manual tranny.

I have 2 of the Sta-Lube hand pumps. I learned about them somewhere online myself.
They are made to fit the Sta-Lube bottles with a wide mouth. It was recommended that they fit a windshield washer fluid bottle, which they do--and I found they also fit a Mobil 1 one quart bottle.
I used 1 to refill my Jeep transfer case with ATF. The other I used for gear lube-- RedLine in the front axle and Schaeffers in the rear. I got good practice with it, because I drained and refilled the rear end two times because it leaked with the RTV sealant. I finally made a gasket to seal it.

They work fine. They have a couple different pickup tubes which are cut off at the right length.
I got them from Advance Auto parts. You can see it online there, but the shipping made it prohibitive to order online. I had to have my store call around to find my first one in stock at another store. But next time I was in they had restocked and I bought the one they had.

Beore this, I used a Sears suction gun-- it worked fine for many years, but it's messy, and a lot of crawling out from under to reload when working by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back