How are some of these dealerships even keeping the lights on?

Lexus is going to announce the introduction of their LX600 on Wednesday. I saw that on the internet.
Yeah, but can you buy one? I understand all the RX hybrids are sold before they are delivered to the dealer.
And they sell for sticker. I imagine this is somewhat regional, but sheesh.

Well, I'm on the internet pretty often and didn't see that. If they had an ad in the Washington Post I would have seen it unless it was in the sports section.
Targeted ads on internet unlike print media which is throwing darts in dark. You are not their target maybe!

Ford hasn't had a successful COMPLETLEY NEW vehicle launch for years. Each one -from the Explorer to the Bronco has had serious issues right off the assembly line.
The 2017+ super duties have been good.

Big Data probably knows more about you than you do.
Absolutely. Ads are catered based on your viewing history. That’s why there are vpns now to conceal your data from internet browsers. When I looked for an engagement ring for my wife online, I got inundated with wedding ring ads everywhere, including YouTube.

Absolutely. Ads are catered based on your viewing history. That’s why there are vpns now to conceal your data from internet browsers. When I looked for an engagement ring for my wife online, I got flooded with wedding ring ads everywhere, including YouTube.
It’s a hell of a lot more invasive than that. Does your phone have GPS? Your location is being tracked and will also target you on where you go, and who you visit. Your phone is listening 24/7.

Wife is in Cyber Security. Scary how much they track and monitor you through your phone.

Big Data probably knows more about you than you do.
That is overblown and the accuracy is iffy at best. If I'm searching for Ford water pumps and I get ads for the Ford Bronco, so what? I'm not going out and buy one just because of that. Google and other media outlets overstate the effectiveness of advertising on their sites. How can anyone tell they aren't making most of that up, the number of clicks or views an ad gets. It's kind of like electronic slot machines. You can program them to whatever you want them to do.

A lot of people are clueless as to how much information they generate when they are on the internet looking at whatever even when they use do not track add ons to their browsers, or security software that allegedly stops the transmission of data to data mining operations. Even if you stop 90+% of that information, people still generate a boatload of digital information about their browsing habits.

If anyone does not believe it, then how is it that Facebook, Twitter, and other "free" things on the internet are "free"? It's because they are collecting massive amounts of information about all of us and selling it to advertisers, and other entities that are interested in what we look at, what we purchase, etc. It's big business.

If anyone does not believe it, then how is it that Facebook, Twitter, and other "free" things on the internet are "free"? It's because they are collecting massive amounts of information about all of us and selling it to advertisers, and other entities that are interested in what we look at, what we purchase, etc. It's big business.
The advertisers are just as gullible. They believe Facebook as being the gospel.

That's just part of the game. If it did not work then they would put their advertising $$$ elsewhere.

Even the F-150 which has been around for years. I have had an engine replaced and some other small things done to my 2019.
Wait until these tens of thousands of F150s and Broncos that have been sitting in holding lots waiting for chips-for the 12 to 18 months start hitting dealerships. I can tell you right now every one of them will need to be "clay barred" and then coated with wax. You think the dealership will do that?

The thing is, how do they know it works? How would they tell if a customer came in from a Facebook ad or from a friend's suggestion?
Because many of the customers will tell them they saw an ad on Facebook, Youtube, etc., etc., etc. Many people love to think that they are contributing/being helpful to successful enterprises. My late father-in-law was one of them. Had to tell every employee he ran across at a business that he saw their store's ad wherever (even if he was lying).

Check the lawsuit(s) on the steering wheel wobbles.
I own one…it’s a very simple, inexpensive fix. And it doesn’t affect all the trucks.

Steering components should be checked periodically and if owners fail to do so, and the “death wobble” is caused by that, then that’s the owners fault, not ford, IMO. There was a revised steering stabilizer for the 2017 trucks that took care of a majority, if not all, of the concerns

Last edited:
Local Chevy and Buick/GMC dealer lots are “empty”! Only used cars. My father and uncle told me it was like this during WW2 when there was no auto production.

Local Hyundai/Genesis, Kia and Honda dealers have lots of new cars in stock. Also lots of used cars.

I own one…it’s a very simple, inexpensive fix. And it doesn’t affect all the trucks.

Steering components should be checked periodically and if owners fail to do so, and the “death wobble” is caused by that, then that’s the owners fault, not ford, IMO. There was a revised steering stabilizer for the 2017 trucks that took care of a majority, if not all, of the concerns

They made a "revised part". It would seem indicative of a part problem.

Back