How about some positive news during theses times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems more and more post are going to gloom and doom. This was especially true with the Financial Market one that was just locked by the moderator. We (or at least most) all know things are bad especially when it comes to health, jobs and investments during this crazy time. However, can we post some positive things!

It's spring and it didn't freeze last night at my mountain home.
smile.gif

IBTL
smile.gif

I'm able to work from home, still putting in almost a normal amount of time. But. I'm not spending an hour to get to work, nor an hour at lunch, nor an hour to get home. It's a nice bump in hours per day, and being stuck home with the family is a nice change.

I'm getting a lot done in my new shop.

Fixed my wife's Volvo (downpipe replacement) and completed some normal service.

Changed the oil and rotated the tires on the truck.

Replaced the COMAND screen on the S600, and did some troubleshooting (found the leak) on the pneumatic system.

Pulled a friend's 1975 Mercedes 450SL in and have started on removing the engine to replace the timing chain, and probably, a whole lot more while we're in there...

A whole lot more

Originally Posted by hatt
My garden is coming along nicely.

Mine too.

1) The "peepers" are out at my house and thats a sure sign that spring is near.

2) Diet Pepsi is not being hoarded.

3) My Exxon/Mobil credit card bill this month is very low.

4) Wife retires in a few weeks.

5) My job that was up in the air last week was not cut.

5 positive things in my life.

Wash, waxed, interior detail both 240s. Griot's Garage Premium Carnauba Wax. Heavenly.

OLF, air filter, brake fluid flush, new rear pads and summer tires on the sedan.

Most satisfying!

At this moment my pal is headed to a garage where they'll install steering hardware (tie rod ends, pretty sure) so maybe, just maybe that Outlander of his will hold an alignment.
Their previous 2 Outlanders were just fine.

NOTE: We (as in "he") must be gettin' old as he hasn't removed his snows yet and is having these people do the swap. That's not like us.

1. The nephews are enjoying "home schooling"

2. Brother is remodeling the bathroom and painting the shudders on the house

3. I made a delicious sirloin roast yesterday and had a Guinness

4. Mom and stepdad are doing good
smile.gif

5. Pops or real dad finally got a basic smartphone
laugh.gif

Life is GOOD
smile.gif

1) Started Refurbing my old Vietnam era Sansui 2050C Turntable got at the PX.

The rubber suspension balls are going flat - but they aren't cracked. Going to shim them a tad with some slices of Si rubber.

Wonder if I should keep the original Sansui Cartridge on there - which is likely a Sanyo? Get a JICO Conical replacement stylus?

2) The Spring Peepers ( tree frogs? ) are out in force

3) Gas is inexpensive as ever, but I get 40 MPG ! I don't drive much since I have retired

4) Wife and I never go out to Dinner, so nothing missed there

5) Wife is still working since she is in Biotech in the Boston Area

6) There is a 1966 Buick Skylark GS 460 Wildcat with a 4 speed for sale near me in good shape

7) Stim Checks ** coming next week. Remember to reserve 20% of it for tax time.

**Can you return the check so it can go to those out of work? ( b into a unemployment INS. Ask me first next time, please!

Originally Posted by Sam_Julier
Wash, waxed, interior detail both 240s. Griot's Garage Premium Carnauba Wax. Heavenly.

OLF, air filter, brake fluid flush, new rear pads and summer tires on the sedan.

Most satisfying!

I can still smell carnauba from when I was a kid in the late 50's getting one of those

Toy Gas stations with Car wash.

It came with small tins of carnauba wax. to polish your toy cars
smile.gif

Doll house for boys!

In my world its nice to see the market up for whatever reason. Getting ready to close on a piece of land on which the wife and I will build our retirement home. Land purchase is for cash but its a lifetime investment! My 70 Chevelle SS 396 is running like a top with no place to go. LOL

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
7) Stim Checks ** coming next week. Remember to reserve 20% of it for tax time.

**Can you return the check so it can go to those out of work? ( b into an unemployment INS. Ask me first next time, please!

The money is not taxable. You can use it to help people in your community if you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back