How about allowing signature images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think allowing SMALL pics would be fine and have a default size limit so your unable to post large pics,it wouldn't load any slower with small pics attached.

plus you could always turn "show pics" off in your MY home settings.

Quote:

plus you could always turn "show pics" off in your MY home settings.

Those couple clicks required are likely too much of a burden on some, while others are actually unable to find that option. Just look at all the signature haters who apparently won't or can't turn off the signature option.
laugh.gif

Somebody give Sean a pair of sweatpants already. And do something about that biker 'stache while you're at it. Gah! WiZARD of OZ! Gah! Charlotte Rampling! gah gah gah!

Last edited:
Quote:

Many boards do have size limits for sig pics, but they're always manually enforced.

Not ALWAYS. Some forums require you to upload the sig pic (as opposed to linking to an external pic), and during upload the system verifies things like pixel dimensions and file size. If it doesn't meet the criteria, the upload is rejected.

The downside is that you'd be using the forum server's space and bandwidth to store and serve the content which can quickly run up the bill on a very active board such as BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back