Hovering Planes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of any airplanes that are able to hover in the air besides our military Harrier or Osprey? Well anyway on two occasions now I have seen a Fed-Ex cargo plane on my way to work that was sitting in mid-air motionless as I drove by. I'm kinda freaked out by this because such a civilian technology is not supposed to exist.

50.gif

Does FedEx run any prop cargo planes? Perhaps it was just moving fairly slow on takeoff/landing? FedEx flies right over my house all the time. Just run of the mill jets... There aren't any commercial VTOL planes that I know of.

When I was in the military, C-5s would fly over our pier after take-off and they looked like they were almost hovering because they were so large. Maybe there's a civilian equivalent of it or it's replacement.

Yes as far as we know no such plane exists. I was traveling south at 70 mph and the airplane was facing north and I make the assumption that it was motionless based on the height of the plane off the ground and the length of time I was able to view it outside the drivers side window. This was a real airplane because I saw it fly over the road ahead of me and stop. Plus after I passes it I seen it thru my side mirror as it tilted sideways and take off. Anyway I got the camcorder in the truck in case I see it again.

FedEx has been alien repulsor lift and propulsion technology for the last 12 years.

"This and other worlds on time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back