Hotmail Problems Help

My desktop will not bring up the hotmail site. My wife's laptop is the same. My Ipad will still receive mail. Trouble shooter say DNS malfunction.
I cleared my DNS cache on my computer. Where to next?
Thanks guys
Smoky

As a temporary solution you can download opera, Firefox or chrome browser and access your mail. Personally I would choose Opera
This assuming you are having no issues getting on the internet with any other sites. Its just what I would do, I know someone in here will most likely understand what is going on.

Have same results using Firefox,edge and even I.E.
Happening on two different computers running different OS one on wifi one Ethernet.
Smoky

It may be an issue with Hotmail. I stopped using them long ago and went to GMail. I know this doesn't help your current situation, but it's something I'd consider in the near future, just had way too many issues with hotmail, so much spam, etc.

My desktop will not bring up the hotmail site. My wife's laptop is the same. My Ipad will still receive mail. Trouble shooter say DNS malfunction.
Thanks guys
Smoky
Ugh. Now we're getting into who your DNS provider is. Unless you've specified otherwise it is likely your ISP.

Using Opera or Firefox would allow you to use DoH (DNS over HTTPS; search for "DNS" in a browser's Settings) and would bypass your ISP DNS service in favour of (likely) Cloudflare's. That could at least rule out your ISP having outdated DNS information for (presumably) hotmail.com.

Both Opera and Firefox can be gotten in a "portable" format that allows you to use them without installing them if you just need to troubleshoot. I believe Opera offers the portable version on their web site and Firefox's is available at portableapps.com.

Given that the iPad is still receiving mail I don't think Hotmail is down: The SMTP and POP or IMAP servers are obviously still kicking. You're just having difficulty accessing a web site.

Thanks guys
Smoky
I don't think you are the only one having problems, I have noticed Hotmail has been slower than molassis in January when it is working.

I went to hotmail.com and it forwards me to
outlook.live.com/owa/

what happens if you go there?
Hotmail is MS Outlook.
Hotmail is a throwback to the old days and now is just a old Outlook email address.
You will look more professional and up to date by getting a @outlook.com address

Hotmail is MS Outlook.
Hotmail is a throwback to the old days and now is just a old Outlook email address.
You will look more professional and up to date by getting a @outlook.com address
You can also create aliases with outlook.com & live.com without ditching the Hotmail address.

Hotmail is MS Outlook.
not sure why you quoted me? I dont use hotmail or outlook.

I was saying going to hotmail.com forwards to the address I posted.
wasnt sure which address was failing for him.

Back