Hot Rod Digital Magazine

Here is a pic of the cover of the digital Hot Rod magazine. Hot Rod is one of the survivors, after many magazines have disappeared in both paper and digital mode ( think Car Craft).

The digital mode of Hot Rod still maintains the same look and layout as always, with photo layouts of beautiful cars as well as well photographed how-to articles. There is plenty of advertising with direct clicks to the advertiser’s website. I still think there is room for digital car magazines out there. Maybe some will even return. Currently it is “published” monthly, 84 pages long, and my version is provided by a service called ZINIO and is on my IPad. I get a message when it arrives, and it is kept in my personal digital “ library”. PS: There is also a mode to increase the font size for the bifocal crowd. :p Enjoy.

3F293124-712E-48CC-830D-9D852B780DB6.png

Last edited:
It's good to see them keeping on.

I had subscriptions to Hot Rod and Car Craft during my teens, back during the "pro street" craze. I liked Car Craft better for its technical articles, but learned a lot from both magazines and from the Summit and PAW wishbooks.

I read a print copy of Hot Rod about a year ago while waiting for my pickup's yearly inspection. I didn't realize back in the day just how much some of the articles were advertisements.

Great. Paper or electronic?
Great. Paper or electronic?
Paper. I still look forward to HR coming every month. Only mag sub I have anymore. Don't think their technical articles (when they have one) are as good as they used to be. Stop taking MT after forty years because there wasn't anything I could relate to any more. I don't like engine compartments that are super sanitized and everything is under plastic. Guess it's because I'm old. Got rid of timing lights and dwell meters decades ago.Probably die with my 04 Camry LE V6 in the garage. Times change.

Paper. I still look forward to HR coming every month. Only mag sub I have anymore. Don't think their technical articles (when they have one) are as good as they used to be. Stop taking MT after forty years because there wasn't anything I could relate to any more. I don't like engine compartments that are super sanitized and everything is under plastic. Guess it's because I'm old. Got rid of timing lights and dwell meters decades ago.Probably die with my 04 Camry LE V6 in the garage. Times change.
LOL. Funny I’m the youngest one I know of that has a timing light or dwell meter and probably the only one in my generation that’s had to use one lol that’s what happens when you work on old stuff I actually have multiple of each one. My 2004 Camry has the oil burning 2.4 lol.

Back