Hot and Cold water in garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1

Hi Guys,

I just installed this hose bib in my garage yesterday. LINK

I'm glad I did it, It's nice to have hot water in the garage for washing cars. Construction of this hose bib is pretty stout, pipes are 13 inches long.

Not that our friends in the south need hot water in their garages. The neighbors will think I'm nuts when I'm washing my cars in my driveway in December through March.

I have the same one in my garage. I've had Woodford hot/cold
outdoor hose bibs as well. Very nice having the option to use something other than 38 degree water when washing the cars, etc.

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
outdoor hose bibs as well. Very nice having the option to use something other than 38 degree water when washing the cars, etc.

How many years has it been installed? I see that some people on Amazon had issues with leaks. I think they didn't drain the lines and turn off the shut offs in the very cold weather.

Even if I use it in the very cold, I will turn off the shut offs inside the house and then open the two lines to let the excess water drain out to ensure there is not water inside the lines.

Cool! or HOT !

I wish i had a utility sink in the basement to wash to nasty things Before they go in the washer.

But, I let the rain wash my car bc

I didnt buy the Maserati GT with the ferrari engine yet ( they are CHEAP!)

Now we need to install a warm water BIDET adapter in the toilet

then no need to worry too much about the surprisingly scarce TP.

I wish I had a sink in the garage. I could live with it not being functional a few months out of the year (it's not like I want to be out there at that time either). I did notice that the wall of the garage that is the house stays well above freezing, so it might be plausible to put one in, plus I am starting to think it'd be nice to hose down the cars more often in winter.

My grandfather did a lot of yard work; my grandmother was the type that would not allow dirty people into the house.

Their garage had a shower nozzle and drain in one of the bays, then my grandfather could get all cleaned up before even thinking of coming into the house. T

It was one of the period oddies on the house they built... A sewing room being another.

I've had Wash-Tubes in the garage for 30 years (cold water only).
I use them ALOT - Spring, Summer, Fall

If anyone has an attached garage to house, it could be an easy install.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JC1

How many years has it been installed? I see that some people on Amazon had issues with leaks. I think they didn't drain the lines and turn off the shut offs in the very cold weather.

Even if I use it in the very cold, I will turn off the shut offs inside the house and then open the two lines to let the excess water drain out to ensure there is not water inside the lines.

The Prier has been installed for 2.5 years with zero issues. My Woodford has been installed since 2011. The Prier is frost free as well so if the back side is in a conditioned space you shouldn't have any issues or need to turn the shutoffs off. My garage doesn't get below 52 regardless of the temp so I don't worry about mine.

The problem people run into with them is they leave the hose connected in freezing weather. You MUST disconnect the hose so water will run out back to the inside valve if you are going to get freezing temps.

My entry door to the house from the garage opens into the laundry room So putting a laundry sink in the garage was drop dead simple. Hot/cold water plus drains were just through the wall. So happy with having a sink for clean up during really greasy automobile projects. Need to soak some cloths before washing is easy. Need to fill a really big extra tall pot of water. Do it at the sink in the garage. Yeah. I wouldn't be without it.

The Prier has been installed for 2.5 years with zero issues. My Woodford has been installed since 2011. The Prier is frost free as well so if the back side is in a conditioned space you shouldn't have any issues or need to turn the shutoffs off. My garage doesn't get below 52 regardless of the temp so I don't worry about mine.

The problem people run into with them is they leave the hose connected in freezing weather. You MUST disconnect the hose so water will run out back to the inside valve if you are going to get freezing temps.

Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back