horseradish

Yes, but if horseradish is made well, it'll hit you in the nose and can make you cry a bit :) , something which ketchup, mustard, or relish cannot do.
Horseradish isn't the same sort of "hot" as peppers and sort as there aren't oils that bind. But I guarantee if you slather too much of the product I posted that is freshly opened, it will clear out your nasal passages. I ate a spoonful once when I was young and more stupid than I am now, and I couldn't breath for a full 20 seconds or so...

You are probably thinking of ready-to-eat commercial horseadish products that have been mixed with cream. Try freshly grated horseradish. It's not about how hot it is but about flavor. Horseradish is also good for you. It has anti-microbial properties and it will open up congested sinuses.
Quite correct. We're not talking frigging Arby's "Horsey Sauce"...

i’m getting bored with hot sauces, need something that will have me in tears. haven’t really tried horseradish but i know the good stuff is painful, any recommendations?
When I eat crawfish and/or boiled shrimp I mix 50/50 horseradish sauce and ketchup as a dipping sauce.

Back