Horray! Found GC 0w30 at my local AutoZone in Olympia, Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to know for sure is to run it out to 10k and do a UOA, since nobody has pushed GC 0w30 to the 10k mark or beyond just yet. I believe my sister's 6900 mile run is the longest so far, although it looked to be able to easily handle 10k based on her results, but that's also based on her driving (which was mostly highway) and in her engine (which was a 1.6L Honda, and not a harder working turbo engine like yours). So in other words, YMMV.
smile.gif

I might have the longest run on the GC so far then, but unfortunatley I didn't take a sample. I am thinking I will for the next change. I had approx 11,500kms (approx 7200 miles) and everything seemed to be good. Am planning on pushing this one up to around the 15,000 km mark.

Per Terry's advice I'll be going to 10,000 miles on my current run with GC. {and posting a UOA}

If I don't chicken out and drain at 7500.
grin.gif

I honestly don't know how anyone could take the Amsoil plunge and just dive right into 25,000 mile (or more) drain intervals. Call me weird but I want to KNOW it is cool to run an oil that long in a given engine.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back