Horn Relay in 1977 Jeep Cherokee...HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend has a 1977 Jeep Cherokee with an inoperative horn that needs fixed quickly for state inspection. Wires go to horn, horn ring contacts are OK. Guessing it is the horn relay. Anyone know where the relay is located in this vehicle or have other helpful info? Thanks in advance.

Do you hear a 'click' when actuating the horn? This indicates the relay is OK, and the problem is further down the line. No click points to a relay.
Obviously, a fuse may be blown. And a bad horn , relay, as well as wiring or connections.

Doesn't it have a PDC (power distribution center)? I think that's where all the relays are.

Ooooops!! I read that as 1997. That can be anywhere ..under the hood ..under the dash. There should be only so many to check. They didn't have 32 relays back then.

Could be the horns are just bad. When my horn stopped it was the horns themselves they needed to be replaced relay was fine. The relay clicked though until the horn fuse blew.

Last edited:
Not related to the OP question but this reminds me of the time in college I wired a buddies horn to his turn signal. Imagine his surprise the first time he went to turn right.

Take a multi meter and see if theres voltage at the horn input wires. If no just keep working your way back til you find voltage and then fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back