Hoping for some joy and expertise!

We are looking for family fun since the kids are getting older. We all purchased nice bikes and are excited for light trail riding. Wanted a specialized but the trek shop is more knowledgeable so treks it is ! Anyone else ride and enjoy it ? We haven't went yet but are excited!

We are looking for family fun since the kids are getting older. We all purchased nice bikes and are excited for light trail riding. Wanted a specialized but the trek shop is more knowledgeable so treks it is ! Anyone else ride and enjoy it ? We haven't went yet but are excited!
Where are you located? Is it a secret? Specialized is more expensive than the Treks-which probably swayed your decision. We have two Specialized.

Where are you located? Is it a secret? Specialized is more expensive than the Treks-which probably swayed your decision. We have two Specialized.
Jacksonville north Carolina . And the trek Marlin vs specialized rock hopper were pretty evenly priced ...

Jacksonville north Carolina . And the trek Marlin vs specialized rock hopper were pretty evenly priced ...
The things about the East Coast is there are all kinds of rails to trails. Try the website "Alltrails" for a great resource.

The things about the East Coast is there are all kinds of rails to trails. Try the website "Alltrails" for a great resource.

Decent way to start riding if there's one close by. Riding straight and flat can get boring in a hurry, especially for kids who aren't real interested in pretty scenery. And you've got joggers and families with strollers and people with dogs on flexileashes all paying no attention. A bell to give others a polite heads up is appreciated.

Trailforks.com and MTBproject.com are good websites for mountain bike trails and they're rated by difficulty.

Decent way to start riding if there's one close by. Riding straight and flat can get boring in a hurry, especially for kids who aren't real interested in pretty scenery. And you've got joggers and families with strollers and people with dogs on flexileashes all paying no attention. A bell to give others a polite heads up is appreciated.

Trailforks.com and MTBproject.com are good websites for mountain bike trails and they're rated by difficulty.
Look into it thanks

That's the memories I want to make ! The ones years later are remembered!
The ones remembered the most are when something unexpected happens. Like a bear blocking the trail, or getting soaked and muddy when it thunderstorms on you.

When you're starting out don't ride until someone is tired because you have to ride all the way back. ;) Good times ahead.(y)

I've been cycling since the late 70s. All kinds from road to trail to MTB. It's a lifetime sport you can enjoy from age 7 to 70+. My dad just turned 80 and I was cycling with him just a few days ago.

Another great site to find trails: http://trailforks.com. I also subscribe and use the app, as it enables you to download tracks into any GPS watch like Garmin, Suunto, etc.

PS: as for bike maintenance, the most important thing is to check the tire pressures for every ride, and keep the drivetrain (chain & sprockets) clean and properly lubed.

Back