HOOD INSULATOR ; help tame engine noise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or even benefit aerodynamics of the car ? There's a pretty good gap ( hole ) in frame of hood with fairly large lip that may catch the air . Noticed that both our YARISes didn't come equipped with the hood insulator . Can order the part from TOYO parts for less than $90 each . I think you have to buy the YARIS "S" models to get the hood insulator . WHAT A CROC ! Thanks

My Civic has hood insulation where the lower trim models do not. The engine noise is still very noticeable, and louder than that in my GF's Mazda3. I have the suspicion that cab forward setups (like the Civic and the Yaris too, IIRC) allow more engine noise into the cabin, but it's nothing more than my unbacked suspicion.

Unless the noise is really bothering you, I doubt it's worth the $90 to experiment.

If you ever get a fire the plastic rivets are designed to melt and that asbestos blanket might just put it out!

Otherwise it's a great way to soak up grease flung off the serpentine belt.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
If you ever get a fire the plastic rivets are designed to melt and that asbestos blanket might just put it out!

Otherwise it's a great way to soak up grease flung off the serpentine belt.

Hood pads are designed for just that purpose + noise and heat reduction.

FYI, I was messing with my car today and I decided to take off the hood insulator to see if it would make a difference. So far .... it sounds exactly the same.

I still vote not worth buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back