Honestly... no one at the dealership noticed that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm.... is it too much to ask for that headrest to be steam cleaned before someone buys it?

1599833259187.jpg

If that dealership was anything like my dealership, the guy who cleans cars is probably earning around $8-$10/hr (an average- it's not uncommon for "detailers" to get paid per unit rather than an hourly wage) with little qualifications/education. They don't get paid more for good work, they get paid more the faster they can get cars in and out with an acceptable level of work. He probably washed, waxed, vacuumed and cleaned the inside, but if stains are stubborn, he's not going to get paid anymore for getting it out of the fabric. He's just going to tell them that he shampoo'd the spot, but the stain wouldn't come out and the service manager will accept that answer.

Edit: Mind you, this experience could very from dealership to dealership, YMMV. That said, I wouldn't recommend taking your car to a dealership for a detail.

I'm confused...

Did you buy the truck this way and not notice it, and now are wondering why the dealership didn't notice it?

Or

Did you go look at the truck and not notify them, then head to your favorite forum and complain?

Had that same experience once at a well known Mercedes dealership! Not only were the headrests stained, but the one on the drivers side was broken. Needless to say, I passed on that one.
A CPO S Class no less!

Doesn't shock me at all.
Dealerships around here do nothing on the presale.......... Cuts into their profit.
I just bought a truck and next to mine was a new F150 with a torn seat- bad stitch job that traveled.
That head rest is nasty
At least they can switch that out easy enough.

I was looking at pictures of a car sold at a dealership once and I saw the check engine light covered with black tape

My previous indy mechanic showed me a gauge cluster out of a Ford Taurus, that had a drill hole in the side of it. Whoever worked on it prior, drilled the wire for the engine light so it didn't illuminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back