Honda Z1 ATF Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the viscosity of Honda Z1 ATF? Also, does anyone know if Honda Z1 is a dino or synthetic oil? If this was already discussed..im sorry but i couldnt find anything about it.

I have never seen the viscosity posted here, but Z1 is a dino ATF with more Zinc. Its probably in the 7 range. Hopefully someone here can field that one. How do you like the Mobil 1 in your Honda?

Last edited:
If the question is raised I bet the OP is second-guessing the M1 in the Honda. But, let's wait for the answer. I'm definitely interested.

I would wait and see. Second guessing because it calls for Z1, or second guessing because there is actually a noticeable difference in shift quality? That would be the question. A lot of folks just get paranoid when they read all the posts that say...stick with OEM, stick with OEM. Which is nonsense.

Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
How do you like the Mobil 1 in your Honda?

I just changed out 3 quarts of 7.2 quarts a couple of days ago. The 7.2 quarts I had in there had 13k miles over 2 years. The car was a little sluggish on shifts (but its nothing major) and after i changed 3 of it to Mobil 1..it's a little more crisp. Im sure whether i put Z1 or Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF...it would improve. I plan to do another 3 quarts drain and fill in the coming week. So far so good.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
If the question is raised I bet the OP is second-guessing the M1 in the Honda. But, let's wait for the answer. I'm definitely interested.

of course not..no second guess here. i just want to know if its an improvement from dino to full synthetic..that's all.

Mobil 1 made for a really firm shift in my Corolla. A little to firm for my taste. Of course they just came out with a new formula though so maybe its different now.

Yes, it has been a big improvement for me using Amsoil ATF.
I do plan on going to Mobil 1 in the future though. Unless I can be swayed to go back to Amsoil products. But, that is a different thread for a different time.

Last edited:
Please note that I am using the Mobil 1 Synthetic...not the newly formulated Mobil Synthetic Blend...for what it's worth.

Quote:
i just want to know if its an improvement from dino to full synthetic..that's all.

Are you referring to the original viscosity question you posed?

If, so, you cannot tell what base is being used based on the visosity value.

Z1 usually comes in at about 7.5 cSt @ 100C.

anyone correct me if I am wrong but - I dont think you will be able to find any publicly published or official "specs" for Z1. Nor would you be able to find if its dino or blend or synthetic.
Best you could do is refer to VOA and UOA to get an idea of the viscosity and flashpoint and possibly add pack.

Originally Posted By: MBCLK
Does anyone know the viscosity of Honda Z1 ATF? Also, does anyone know if Honda Z1 is a dino or synthetic oil? If this was already discussed..im sorry but i couldnt find anything about it.

The Z1 that I had tested had a KV 100C 7.22cSt and a KV 40C 29.53cSt

It is not true, but the official Honda docs permit Dex to be used as an emergency substitute for Z1. Tranny will have to be flushed with Z1 as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back