Honda top trim piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
02 Accord. Last night I was washing the car and the one of the two roof trim pieces, you know, the ones that go from the windshield to the back window, end was sticking up. Pulled it up and saw that there is a metal clip that attaches to the trim and has a hole in it then a groove. There is a little knob sticking up inside the groove of the roof that obviously the clip attaches and then when you bend the trim piece, it slides on the groove as you flaten the trim piece out. Well, when the trim piece is flatten, it doesn't slide into the groove. It probably shrunk up some because of the cold weather. Any body got an idea how I can fix this short of glueing it down. You'd have to have own or own a Honda to know what I'm talking about. Difficult to explain.

Not sure if Honda will sell you just the clips or if you'll have to purchase that entire trim piece with the clips, but that's probably the route that I would look into for the repair. Might as well do it right if you can. Worse comes to worse...glue it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back