Honda Ridgeline jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen how ridiculously small the Honda Ridgeline jack is?

Originally Posted By: buster
Has anyone seen how ridiculously small the Honda Ridgeline jack is?

No, but if you were to post a picture I'm sure many of us will...
grin2.gif

Has there been a car with a satisfactory jack made in the last 20 years? Gotta tell ya, I was plesantly disgusted with my 9-5's jack after getting 2 holes in 2 different tires on the drive home one day.

At 52 I have owned a number of vehicles... I never found the jack or other tire changing tools supplied even satisfactory.

However, during all that time I have also never found myself beside the road attempting to use said jack/tools to change a flat.

The jack that came with my '98 Tracker worked so well, after I was T-boned, I kept the jack and tossed it in my trail Jeep's tool box.

Every other car I've ever had, came with a poopty jack.

I had an awesome jack with my 91 dodge dakota. Kept it.

Was a scissors jack, with a several-foot long extention so you could stuff it way under the frame, and another long ratcheting lever you could turn that extention with! Plenty of leverage and no stupid 180 degree turn with the tire iron, remove, repeat 30x.

Of course the truck is gone but I still have the jack! Handy. Plus its saddle is a shallow U-shape... pretty universal.

I'll try and get a picture. My dad is acting like a big baby about it, but after seeing his arm and the jack, I actually think he has a point.

I was on one of the Ridgeline forums and there are a lot of complaints about them. My dad had a flat and broke down along a highway. A tow truck pulled over and said he was aware of how bad the jacks are that come in the Ridgeline.

You are right though in that most are not good at all. The jack for the Accord is larger than the one of the Ridgline. The Ridgeline jack looks like a tube or cylinder shape. Never saw one of those before.

Best jack I ever had came with my 1950 Cadillac Hearse. Car is long gone but I still have that jack and use it whenever I'm lifting vehicles in the driveway.

I like the one for my 03 tracker as well, basically the handle is a speed wrench like this and zips the truck up and down quite fast.
speed%20wrench.jpg

The jack for my neon is one of the dumb ones that you use the lug wrench on but on the plus side at home I just use the impact gun on it.
LOL.gif
Makes changing tires go pretty quick.

Originally Posted By: buster

You are right though in that most are not good at all. The jack for the Accord is larger than the one of the Ridgline. The Ridgeline jack looks like a tube or cylinder shape. Never saw one of those before.

I think my f150 had one of those tube jacks as well.

The lifting points were under the front axle and (IIRC) rear leaf spring, so you wouldn't have to unload a strut like a unibody car... so you don't need as much jack travel.

Trying to save weight and cost = compromise for the consumer. Not a good idea of Honda to design a jack so poorly and then build such great vehicles. Makes no sense other than an overlooked yet important item. I would think Honda would remedy the situation and come up with something better....but you know Honda, they take forever to make changes.

You don't need a large jack for an Accord -- err Ridgeline. (sorry -- couldn't resist) J/K. Ridgeline topics have been quite popular around here lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back