Honda Recon 250

Friend of mine owns a small engine repair shop, stays busy and is a great mechanic. We got to talking about my 250 Timberwolf, and I asked if he’d go with the Recon over a Timberwolf. He said no doubt, he has way too many four wheelers and he offered to sell my Timberwolf for $1500, he would keep the money and sign me over his 2004 Recon 250 ES, he just rebuilt the engine, new tires and its in excellent shape. Would you go with the Recon over the Timberwolf?

250cc ATV's are for beginners. Me? I would move up in engine size. The Honda might be easier to sell and for a higher price? Where I live, no one wants an ATV. Side by sides are the thing.

250 Recon is a nice unit if you are looking for something nimble. We have a 2005 that my wife rides most of the time, it is perfect for her.

My question is why did the engine need to be overhauled? My '92 Honda 300 has never been apart and still runs excellent.

250 Recon is a nice unit if you are looking for something nimble. We have a 2005 that my wife rides most of the time, it is perfect for her.

My question is why did the engine need to be overhauled? My '92 Honda 300 has never been apart and still runs excellent.
Wondered the same. My 1989 Honda 300 is almost bulletproof.

Not worried about it being a beginner bike, itll just be used for trail riding, deer hunting, no abuse or mud riding. He said when he got it the engine had no compression.

Not worried about it being a beginner bike, itll just be used for trail riding, deer hunting, no abuse or mud riding. He said when he got it the engine had no compression.
Eh, I think the rest of it must be beat? I'd stick with what you've got. He should just sell the other ATV for $1500.

Back