Honda Radiator Suggestion

Might be looking at replacing radiator on Honda Pilot.

Is there any suggestion or recommendation for Denso or TYC or anything else? (y)

I'd go with a Denso myself. I was in a pinch and had a shop put a radiator in my 08 CRV and it was an off brand one. They (the manufacturer) didn't flare the ends on the trans cooler lines and no matter how many clamps you put on them it would leak. I ended up having to take off the cooler pipes, flare them, and reinstall. Was a real hassle.

Denso is the OE supplier :)
Please be aware that a cap is not included, so you will have to buy a new one. Get an OEM cap.

The main difference is that the OEM radiator from the Honda dealer is made in the US, while the aftermarket Denso is Chinese.

You have to be careful if you buy auto parts from Amazon, but this one is legit, as the seller, Lee Auto Parts, is a legit dealer. They are Lee Honda in Auburn, ME. Their site is leeparts.com. The OEM from Lee is $280 including shipping, or about $100 more than the aftermarket Denso

@slacktide_bitog - should be able to use any OE cap, have a few laying around. On some websites, saw that Denso is made in Indonesia, will check Lee and Majestic, both too.

Actually after your feedback on Amazon, looked at what else is available and has anyone used this 'aftermarket' brand?

Last edited:
Years ago I bought a Denso A/C condenser...surprised to find it was made in Brazil. Had to return it due to shipping damage. It was replaced hassle free. Perfect fit.

@slacktide_bitog - should be able to use any OE cap, have a few laying around. On some websites, saw that Denso is made in Indonesia, will check Lee and Majestic, both too.

Actually after your feedback on Amazon, looked at what else is available and has anyone used this 'aftermarket' brand?

I wouldn't buy that no-name radiator on Amazon. If you don't want to spend the money on OEM, get the Denso from a reputable source.

Aftermarket Denso might be exactly the same as OE save the Honda sticker. I got an Acura one in the recent past and it was not only not exactly like the OE, but made in China as well. It came form an Acura dealer.

I’d had luck with aftermarket Denso, despite China or Taiwan COO.

Koyorad/TYC would be a decent pick too.

Denso, with TYC a distant second. The aftermarket Denso parts are bad enough, let alone the TYC junk. The last TYC radiator I got was so warped you could see the bend in the core from across the shop!

My Spectra dropped right into my 05 Pilot and passed the airlift vacuum test just fine. Ran it less than a year before I sold the car for other reasons, so sorry no long term report on it. Some on the Piloteers forum have had them for years, though.

Back