Honda - Quitting Formula 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Honda, instead of bouncing back, will quit Formula 1:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04122008/58/honda-brink-folding.html

How's that for a Merry Christmas?
frown.gif

I loved this comment from the guy in Peru.

hello my f1 hoes, it marnio here from peru.
listen my f1 hot heads it good that honda leave the f1. what were they doing there in the first place? they make the car for the lady driver and the elderly gentleman. they, like the toyota, make the most boring car in the whole world. how they expect to win anything in the car racing. they leave the f1 because their car is the rubbish and they run out of the money. also i not think they want to race alongside the cheater mclaren team. maybe the mclaren ruffians stole all the honda money and used it to b uy lots of sweets for mr hamiltons son and that why they can not continue.
THE MCLAREN MEN MUST BOW THEIR HEAD IN SHAME.

Too bad, I really hate to see them go. I always felt that they were on the verge of becoming one of the top teams, but it never quite happened. I did, however, always respect Honda (and Toyota) for having the guts to stay in F1 without any major or ongoing success. Lots of manufacturers can aim their huge budgets at LeMans, etc. with much better chances of a class or overall win, but to step-up and play at the high roller table (F1) with the whole world watching takes real ba1ls! Hats off to Honda and hope they can make it back in the future.
Bill.

don't forget that Honda was a very successful engine supplier.They also had an F1 team in the 60's.I am waiting for GM and the other 2 to pull out of NASCAR. I can't believe they have not done it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back