Honda PS Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kleenflo, while they make a decent product, it's recycled old lubricants and chemicals.

I would use the stuff available at the dealership or the new Amsoil PS fluid. I have used the Amsoil in my truck and the steering is silky smooth.

cheers3.gif

simple! use OE Honda PS fluid and be over with it.

and to Stevie: not all KleenFlo products are based on recycled oil you know.

Q.

I used pyroil honda ps fluid a month or two ago and have not had any problems, the ps is smooth and quiet. I would have used the real honda stuff but my dealer charges rip off prices for all fluids and I dident have anything else to order at the time to justify the shipping from H&A. If you need other stuff as well I would use the real stuff and order from H&A if your dealer is like mine and rips people off.

Hi Steve...

More then likely I will go with OEM, just wanted to get the groups feedback on their MSDS info..

With regards to "it's recycled old lubricants and chemicals.
", I think you might be thinking of "www.safety-kleen.com"...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Kleenflo, while they make a decent product, it's recycled old lubricants and chemicals.

I would use the stuff available at the dealership or the new Amsoil PS fluid. I have used the Amsoil in my truck and the steering is silky smooth.

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
the honda fluid is only about one dollar more than the non-honda PS fluid. I just ran ARX in my honda PS and did 3 drain and refills with prestone "for hondas" and there are no problems...did it several years ago too... and the car has over 322k miles. being that the honda fluid is only about $4 or less and the non-honda brand is like 2.49 at walmart, either one will do and there is not that much of a price difference to worry about....it's not like dino vs. synthetic oil cost diferences. I only used the "off-brand" since my local honda dealer is so sorry, they probably wouldn't even have it in stock.

Stick with the Honda fluid.

I know from experience in cold weather that at least one of the non-oem fluids gets very thick in cold weather. The Honda fluid flows very well at -30C. The Barhdal - Honda compatible fluid did not flow at all.

The Amsoil also flows like water in the winter because it's synthetic. I went to this over the OEM Hyundai stuff because in the winter the pump would whine until it warmed up and now it doesn't!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Try an acura dealer, they were selling for the same as the honda dealer here, at $4.12 / 12oz

The Acura dealer here charges more for it than the Honda dealership. I used to just get it from the Honda dealership since it was closer, but figured since I was on that end of town I'd get some from Acura, and it was $1 more.
mad.gif
YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back