Honda oil filters, 1999 vs 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 12 Honda oil filters that I purchased in 1999 when I had two Hondas. I sold the Hondas, but kept the filters knowing that one day I'd have another Honda. Now I do. Am I'm wondering if the filters available today are better or worse than they were in 1999? I don't expect it to matter much, but I'm curious.
smile.gif

-brian

I'd use them & not think twice about it. Heck, you could run a Honda with an empty can for a filter & the thing would still go 250k miles.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by brian:
I have 12 Honda oil filters that I purchased in 1999 when I had two Hondas. I sold the Hondas, but kept the filters knowing that one day I'd have another Honda. Now I do. Am I'm wondering if the filters available today are better or worse than they were in 1999? I don't expect it to matter much, but I'm curious.
smile.gif

-brian

I dont think there will be much of a difference. You might want to check who the filter was made by as they are now made by Fram. As long as you kept them in a warm clean environment away from damp humid conditions they will be fine.

I had a few old filter that actualy formed internal rust from keeping them in the shack outside.

i'll check for rust, hadn't thought of that. they are still in the factory plastic, but have spent most of their life near a concrete wall of basement.

-brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back