Honda NAVI 110cc. Mini-moto toy.

I love my 2020 Honda Ruckus. But I think this thing is gonna take its spot... Or if I find a crashed Honda NAVI - its 109cc heart will replace the 49cc in my Ruckus, as I do prefer the retro look of the Ruckus. My Ruckus has a 49cc liquid cooled and carbureted engine with 35-40MPH top speed and >$2700 MSRP. This NAVI is air-cooled and carbureted as well. It can do 55-60MPH with same fuel efficiency as Ruckus, and $1800 MSRP... Very tempting.
Interesting observation - on Honda website I didn't find it under scooter subcategory, as it is listed with other Mini-moto toys like Honda Monkey, Grom, Supercub, and Trail 125. Despite being a CVT, and rest of those having actual gears. Basically this thing is Honda Activa scooter in Honda Grom outfit. I like it though, for errands and urban exploration and stuff... Maybe even a nice weather daily, with its >100mpg fuel consumption.

Last edited:
Since they gave it such a low price point, I see it as competing with all the lower-end Chinese scooters and motorcycles... many of which are not CARB compliant.

Since they gave it such a low price point, I see it as competing with all the lower-end Chinese scooters and motorcycles... many of which are not CARB compliant.
Most likely. But unlike similarly priced Chinese scooters - this thing will be reliable out-of-the-box as it is a Honda. All Chinese scooters require nearly a full rebuild before they are even remotely reliable. Still leave many people stranded randomly...

No way will the Navi hit 55-60mph. The newly designed Grom /Super Cub/Trail/Monkey struggle to reach those speeds. A couple publications read were low/mid 40s mph. By the time they add of frt/set up/dealer fees, they'll be pushing mid/upper $2K.

As more info on it came out in last couple days - it seems that most riders hit 50mph with ease. But while going 55mph is possible - it does take a long stretch of a flat road to do so, until it hits governor. While engine seems to have power to go faster - the RPM & speed limiters come into play.
I can already see how companies like Rolling Wrench or NCY will develop a CDI box (gets rid of the limiter and advances ignition timing), and CVT variator companies will end up making good variators for it, where owners can play with CVT roller/slider tuning to shift the engine power range and use the full speedometer at least, while also improving acceleration.

Last edited:
I saw that last night. Too bad I just picked up a yzf600r. I wanted a cheap 2k bike for next season.

IMO this is what the grom should have been. I find it hard to spend 4k otd for a little mini bike.

Other than cheap i'm not sure I understand the allure of this...

I like the Rukus a lot better...
Cheap, reliable, and faster than Ruckus. Stock Ruckus struggles to hit 40MPH. Once modified it hits up to 50MPH, but starts to struggle in reliability department. I'd personally just put the NAVI engine and CVT into Ruckus and call it a day. Best of both worlds.

70 ?? On a good day, down a slight incline, it will maybe hit 60..

Thats what i'm thinking.

Though i haven't watched them for a Grom ive watched a good deal of top speed videos on the Monkey and Tail 110 - 60 is about the best you can possible hope for - 55 is more realistic.

Well .. Although not a Grom, I have a Benelli TNT 135. At 11 rwhp, I know I can barely reach 60 on level ground, although I weigh a svelte 215# :) . 70mph ? No way in hell. YouTube vids still showing that the TNT outperforms even the new Grom.

Attachments

• 20210624_122758.jpg
    20210624_122758.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 17
Well .. Although not a Grom, I have a Benelli TNT 135. At 11 rwhp, I know I can barely reach 60 on level ground, although I weigh a svelte 215# :) . 70mph ? No way in hell. YouTube vids still showing that the TNT outperforms even the new Grom.
Your testimonials are making the TNT135 start to grow on me... The sub-$3k price also attracts my attention quite a bit... Any way you could share some info on reliability under your ownership? Pros/cons/etc.

Your testimonials are making the TNT135 start to grow on me... The sub-$3k price also attracts my attention quite a bit... Any way you could share some info on reliability under your ownership? Pros/cons/etc.
I have less than 500 miles on my TNT, but to this point, it has been a hoot to ride. As should be with my miles, I have had zero issues. I also did a lot of video watching/forum reads, and the Benelli reliability has been quite good. I did take it on a end of season 220 mile ride, with the majority of those miles being on county highway roads. No issues going between 50-60mph the entire time. I'll be putting in a aftermarket came come spring for a couple extra ponies :)

Back