Honda manual transmission fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using an equivalent to the Honda MTF that they think is better than Honda's fluid? My application is a 1988 Accord LX w/ 223Kmi. No known transaxle problems but no known service history either. Got the car a few thousand miles ago.

-brian

MolaKule,

Have you sold it to anyone that thought it was better than Honda's fluid? What are the advantages of your product over Honda's?

Brian

I am interested too. I have a 96 Accord with 87K miles. I am planning on changing the MTF when it gets warmer out.

brian, do a search using the word "Honda" in this sub-forum and you'll find a handful of extensive threads here about Hondas and the lubricants for their manual transmissions.

I've always used Red Line MTL in my Hondas ('90 Integra, '95 Civic) and I loved the stuff.

I believe their MTF is merely an over-priced mineral lubricant similar to older 10W-30 motor oil formulas. Good enough ... but I think you can do better.

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Have you sold it to anyone that thought it was better than Honda's fluid? What are the advantages of your product over Honda's?

99% of the people who use it in their Honda's have said they prefer it to Honda fluids.

Our's is a synthetic GL4 of PAO/esters for extreme temperatures. Honda doesn't list any SAE standard equivalents that I am aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back